Help!!! Does anybody own a Skil 7 1/4 Circular Saw #5380-01

Graves92

I am wondering ig anybody owns or has owned Skil 7 1/4" Circular Saw model #5380-01? I have looked for a review on this saw on youtube and can't seem to find a video review on this particular saw, because the current saw that I have just isnt cutting it anymore. My current saw is from the the 1960's and I am just loooking to upgrade to a newer and better circular saw.

Thank You for taking the time to look!

• Like 1

I can't comment on your saw Graves as I don't have it. I did recently aquire the new pro brand from Skil. The Skilsaw SPT67-wm22 Sidewinder. Skil is breaking their pro saws off from Skil and they are now trademarked Skilsaw. This saw is 7-1/4 and is all magnesium. The shoe, guard and motor housing. Very lightweight. I'm going to do a review on the saw but it has a built in blower and a depth measurement guide on the housing. Real quality saw but it's not a traditional Skil. The motor is based on the worm drive motor and it is crazy powerful.

I've used it and it's a good saw at this price point.  I would suggest getting a freud diablo blade when you buy it (10 bucks) as the original blade isn't great. 

I think this is a great saw for normal cutting and ripping for a homeowner.  It would be fine for demo of a deck or two as well.  It's not contractor grade though. 

Personally, I use a Dewalt DWE575 and love it but it was a gift. 

• Like 1

Graves, I would highly recommend checking Lowes.com & Amazon for their written reviews on this tool.

Honestly, your probably going to have a hard time finding someone doing a Youtube video review of a tool like a particular Skil Circular Saw. It's a shame because it's a really popular item that a lot of people would probably like to see a proper review done on. At the same time though, it's not the big new Team Black or Team Red tool that's offering all these amazing options and going to spit out a 100,000 views in a month.

I am really happy that our friend Woodstockva from Real Tool Reviews has been doing some reviews of more DIY/Homeowner tools. I really think he deserves a lot of recognition for taking note that there is a segment there that isn't being served fully.

• Like 1

Graves, I would highly recommend checking Lowes.com & Amazon for their written reviews on this tool.

Honestly, your probably going to have a hard time finding someone doing a Youtube video review of a tool like a particular Skil Circular Saw. It's a shame because it's a really popular item that a lot of people would probably like to see a proper review done on. At the same time though, it's not the big new Team Black or Team Red tool that's offering all these amazing options and going to spit out a 100,000 views in a month.

I am really happy that our friend Woodstockva from Real Tool Reviews has been doing some reviews of more DIY/Homeowner tools. I really think he deserves a lot of recognition for taking note that there is a segment there that isn't being served fully.

I got the saw a couple of days ago and so far I like the saw

Thank You!

Sent from my TBQG884 using Tapatalk