36volt Brushless Sliding mitre saw spotted

Ryan Osborne

Something messed up with the post. For some reason it links back to an old 2013 post. I've asked jasonC moderator to remove it again ( the same thing happened this morning )

Very strange forum f*ckup :D

All the post did was showing some info from makita australia . the 6 amp battery was announced :)

It may have been something in the title or post that wasnt caught by an input sanitization filter and caused the glitch.  Try posting a thread with just filler text then editing your content in.

I thought milwaukee also announced 6ah batteries at their advertising event. Regardless there were some in the background of an oztooltalk video from a milwaukee event in australia.

Yea Milwaukee announced 6.0ah batteries along with the 9.0ah the 6.0's kinda got overshadowed because of it.

I'm assuming Dewalt will pop out a higher amp hour pack to compete, they could have offered it with the cordless miter saw... Once again my yellow falls behind lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming Dewalt will pop out a higher amp hour pack to compete, they could have offered it with the cordless miter saw... Once again my yellow falls behind lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I though Dewalt announced a 6ah battery before Milwaukee

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the amazon link showing the price and some pictures. Its obviously not available yet but supposedly it will be available in December.

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-XSL02Z-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless/dp/B017ZBCMQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448397172&sr=8-1&keywords=makita+x2+miter+saw

Well if you compare them side by side the Makita easily outperforms the dewalt in every possible way except cost :P

Alot higher rpm's.

Stronger 36v engine with speed change tech for high torque applications

Durable brushless motor

No overheating problems ( not saying that i know the dewalt had those but reviews of the metabo cordless chopsaw had the tool/battery needing rest inbetween heavy use because heat protection kicked in )

Vastly superior runtime

12 inch cutting lenght VS dewalt's 8(i believe ? )

I think the dewalt/metabo are designed/build as a cordless tool for lighter work, not for all dat use.

While the Makita is designed as a true replacement for a corded saw. Corded power and a runtime almost doubling the metabo/dewalt saws.

Price is also double unfortunatly :D hahaha

I just saw it on another website for $599. I know its expensive but like someone already said its designed to be a fulltime replacement for a corded saw with similar specs such as the Makita LS0714. I would rather pay more money for a kick ass tool that will last than save a couple hundred bucks because they decided where to cut corners. That could also be why I am addicted to Festool because that is basically how they design and price their tools. I like that the new innovative Makita's are being manufactured in japan. Tools Manufactured in USA, Japan, German, and Switzerland usually have very good track records of reliability.

I saw that for 599 also, acmetools.com?? Keep an eye on the eBay seller Bishoptools. He usually gets new makita stuff first and always has the best prices. Plus he is great to deal with. Certified makita retailer and excellent service.. He is a member here on the forum with the same name

I have no problem using a bit more money for quality, functionality and practicallity. But with just a 10" blade, it can't really cover for the largest saws.

Not that I normally use large timber, but save time and rise acc. by cutting pieces at the same time.

But then again, maby 10" is enough? All I know is that the bosch pcm 8 is in need for replacement. :-D A 210mm blade is way to small.

Well andrull, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the makita 36v is only a 7.5" blade. It has crosscut capacities of a 10/12" saw but depth of cut would still be limited.

I personally don't mind it. I think it's compactness and light weight will make up for any shortcomings of the blade especially because it will still handle the majority of cuts. At least what I cut.

• Like 1

Ahh thanks for the correction. :) Not sure what I was thinking. Had to be wishfull thinking.

Even my first post in the thread mentioned it had the same size as my circular saw (7-1/2"). :P

But sure, for a compact unit, it's enough. Though, not a real replacer in the workshop.