Yikes Rover thanks to the stories I heard from Top Gear what Rover put together made anything GM, Ford, or Chrysler made back then look like a well put together luxury automotive. Still some of the Rover cars looked awesome even if reliability was a problem.

yeah they had a lot of issues, some of the better cars were made in conjunction with Honda, I had a Rover 216 GSi that had a twin cam Honda engine and transmission and was pretty much bullet proof but anything 100% Rover was pretty shitty...but the K-series engine was a good unit except for oil leaks...but that was the problem with old British bikes as well....the Japanese made better bikes and much more reliable engines! British cars do have a lot of character though as unreliable and expensive as they can be to run. Strangely enough the new MINI's can be just as problematic as the old ones but I've never driven a car that puts a bigger smile on my face whenever I drive it!

My dream box, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

wow thanks Eric, coming from one half of TIA thats high praise indeed!...Did you notice the stickers Eric?? Flying the TIA colours!

wow, that's an incredible setup! love to see people taking pride in their tools. when i was younger i felt like the dirtier the tool, the more manly i was because it was obvious i was using them more. now i understand how that thinking is ridiculous, not to mention destroys the tools.

• Like 1

Could you be a Snapon fan by chance? Well, just don't get too excited and snapoff lol. Those are some really nice tools, I really love that toolbox, it looks like great quality. I like how you are representing TIA too, good deal man! BTW, are those a set of tuning forks?

thanks mate, the box is great! the quality is top notch and the best feature is how deep the drawers are, 28" so i can fit a lot of suff in there! the tools that look like tuning forks are used to split ball joints usually referred to in the US as pickle forks!

wow, that's an incredible setup! love to see people taking pride in their tools. when i was younger i felt like the dirtier the tool, the more manly i was because it was obvious i was using them more. now i understand how that thinking is ridiculous, not to mention destroys the tools.

thats exactly it ankur, I have had criticism for stuff being too clean "you're not a good mechanic if your tools are clean" or "you mustn't work very hard of you have time to keep your tools clean" but like you say its pride in your tools, they cost too much to abuse and plus i get pleasure out of cleaning them! thanks for the praise bro!

Yea i did notice the sticker, thats awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what would be really cool is a TIA epoxy inlay sign to hang on the back wall of the top box!...lol or i take off my butcher block work surface and bring it to Dan so he can carve it in for me!

• 2 months later...

Nice, looks like you go by the "5S" rules in tool organization. Nice box 

Cheers, I do try to stick to the 5S rules as much as I can but it's hard to do in a retail shop where every minute is precious. I would love to have a set of foam tool control for the drawers like they do in the aircraft industry but as much as they keep your stuff organized they don't make the most efficient use of space and thats my biggest challenge, as big as the box is it's full and it's hard to find places for new stuff without everything descending into chaos...lol

Yo Bear!!! How u doing bro how's the new job goin?

Hey Mike...not good on the job front...bit of back story, i've been out of the retail motor trade for over 12 years, I left the UK in 2003 to work for the US Military in Hinesville, GA at Ft Stewart. Worked on military equipment for 7 years and then left to go to Afghanistan for 3 years, again working for the US Military. The retail world is a whole different animal to what I was doing for the Army, you weren't under as strict time frames and you just got on with the work that was needed. To cut a long story short I was doing ok on cars but was not quick enough or knowledgeable enough on trucks and trucks were 90% of the guys business so he let me go 2 weeks ago. I'm looking other avenues, either working for myself or something off the tools, I was a supervisor for 2 years in Afghanistan and enjoyed the responsibility so I'm hoping to find something similar in the retail trade. Thanks for checking in with me Mike, I appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum Bearuk1!! Awesome Snap-On tool box!! Those TIA stickers really set it off. Is that allen wrench holder made by Snap-On?

yes Mondo they are Snap-on allen wrench holders...thanks for the praise on the box mate, i appreciate it.