What should I get next?

Bremon

Well gang, my birthday has come along and my family is of the opinion that you're never too old for a gift, and have decided this year they will buy me a power tool. Problem is, they know I have a "few" and don't know what I need, so I stopped to think about it, and don't know what direction to go in myself. Seems like a prime opportunity to ask the crew for advice!

This is where I currently sit:

M18

0880 Vacuum

2363 Lantern

2604 Hammer drill

2654 Impact driver

2720 Sawzall

2730 Circular saw

2763 Impact wrench

2780 Grinder

M12

2351 Stick light

2362 Lantern

2403 Drill

2454 Impact Driver

2520 Hackzall

2592 Bluetooth Speaker

I also have the USB ports for both systems, and a trio of heated sweaters. I think that covers it. So where do I go from here? I'm waiting on the 2754 compact impact, and have no real use for rotary hammers, as cool as I think they are. I have been eyeing the Bluetooth M18 Radio, and have been toying with the idea of selling my 2730 and buying a 2530 and 2731 instead but that could be my power tool addiction getting the best of me. The new fan interests me, but I greatly dislike that it has a crappy adapter rather than extension cord plug'n'play. I am mainly into woodworking and a DIY mechanic. My fastening and lighting tools see use at work occasionally. What would you do in my shoes?

Oh I forgot, I do have the 0880 vacuum, I'll edit it into the original post. The floodlight could be useful, I've loaded up the pickup with only my Silverados's anemic box lighting in the dark in winter and nearly broke my ankle lol. The Multitool isn't a bad idea but I'm hesitant buying tools that have been on the market for a while thinking there could be an update around the corner. I do have many of the more recent ones at this point though.

What a great dilemma to be in. You sure have a lot of nice tools on your list, and it looks to me like you've got all the heavy hitters.

I suggest maybe getting some tools off the beaten path:

M12 2444 Caulking Gun

M12 2438 Spot Polisher

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Here are couple that I have and like that are not on your list.

2361 floodlight

0850 vac

2626 multi tool

I have been eyeing the 2530 also. Nalu says it's awesome.

Yup 2530 got used all day today cleaning up scrap materials around the shop. It's a very convenient saw to use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Well gang, my birthday has come along and my family is of the opinion that you're never too old for a gift, and have decided this year they will buy me a power tool. Problem is, they know I have a "few" and don't know what I need, so I stopped to think about it, and don't know what direction to go in myself. Seems like a prime opportunity to ask the crew for advice!

This is where I currently sit:

M18

0880 Vacuum

2363 Lantern

2604 Hammer drill

2654 Impact driver

2720 Sawzall

2730 Circular saw

2763 Impact wrench

2780 Grinder

M12

2351 Stick light

2362 Lantern

2403 Drill

2454 Impact Driver

2520 Hackzall

2592 Bluetooth Speaker

I also have the USB ports for both systems, and a trio of heated sweaters. I think that covers it. So where do I go from here? I'm waiting on the 2754 compact impact, and have no real use for rotary hammers, as cool as I think they are. I have been eyeing the Bluetooth M18 Radio, and have been toying with the idea of selling my 2730 and buying a 2530 and 2731 instead but that could be my power tool addiction getting the best of me. The new fan interests me, but I greatly dislike that it has a crappy adapter rather than extension cord plug'n'play. I am mainly into woodworking and a DIY mechanic. My fastening and lighting tools see use at work occasionally. What would you do in my shoes?

M12 multi tool. I use it all the time. It's awesome.

That polisher isn't a bad idea Nalu! I'll have to check some more reviews. I'm sure my girlfriend would appreciate it haha. Chris, is that Multitool competitive with other brands? Austin, the planer is on my list but it could be November before that thing rears it's head in Canada, we seem to be a month or two behind the US with many Milwaukee releases.

hmm how about a m12 circ or a 7 1/4" circ. I know Europe has a battery operated miter saw maybe import one of those lol.Does Milwaukee have a 5" orbital sander?  how about waiting a couple weeks and getting the new hammer drill ? who can say no to 1200 in lbs of torque? Hopefully they will be one key compatible.Oh and I just got a multi tool (Dewalt) and you can't go wrong with one of those.

The cordless miter will be releasing in North America in the near future. I can't justify the 7.25 saw unless I sell my 6.5. I've already been planning on buying the new 2704, 2753 and 2754 second gen tools, though I may wait for the One Key version of the 2754. One Key tools don't launch until January though.

Right now multitool seems the front runner, likely the M12, though the 2530 is a good bet too.

• 2 weeks later...

At this stage I'm just going to wait for the 2754 release as a belated gift from the family. I'll post pics when that day comes. I appreciate the advice from the crew, the polisher/sander and multitools are on my radar now (you guys are feeding the addiction!). I've also been happy with my M12 sweaters, so am debating the idea of getting the new ripstop vest. The new jacket looks great but I already have a nice carhartt jacket for winter, the vest might complement that, plus if it works well I can grab one for my dad as well; has to be cheaper than the H-D version for motorcycle trips and he's already invested in M12.