Power washers

rrich1

The am in the market for a new power washer. My electronic one finally gave out and looking to upgrade to gas. The pulsar 2700 psi unit looks decent and it is at Menard's where I have an $80 credit. Being a Ford guy I'd love to get the Ford one from Lowes.

What do you have and are you pleased with it? I am looking in the $300 range.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

one of the construction companies i work for has the ryobi gas pressure washer, i have used it a ton and i think its one of the best power washers on the market the idle down feature is awesome, i would recommend that power washer.

I looked at that one as well. It looks just like my neighbors black max. Thanks for the info and your experience.

I got a John Deere ac-3500gh. It's a 3500 psi, 3.7 gpm belt driven model.

I really haven't used it much probably 80-100 hours. So far no complaints. Works well.

dealer price is like 1600 new. I didn't need such a nice one but was able to get it for just a trade in labor an had to buy some stick electrodes. Farmer purchased three tractors an got 3 free pressure washers. He already had a hot water one an didn't need three more. So a weekends worth of welding pipe fence I got a new pressure washer. Worked well for both of us.

Look for a Cat or General pump.  Most start at $399.  So get one with an Axial pump.  http://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/outdoor-power-equipment/pressure-washers/brute-reg-2800-psi-gas-pressure-washer-2-3-gpm/p-2713913-c-10113.htm?tid=8072709440312768356

This one has a Honda motor

Hey PROTOOLNUT or anyone else you seem to know your stuff about pressure washers, or at least deffintly more then me. I have always wondered what makes a triplex pump good? I have heard a few times it's better to have triplex. I was pressure washing my aunts driveway an the neighbor comented I have a high end pressure washer. I sorta just nodded my head in agreement not knowing much.

Specifically mine has has a triplex pump with ceramic plungers. What makes it good an what are a triplex pumps disadvantages? Do all triplex pumps have ceramic plungers or is that another upgrade?

I got a cheap Chinese pressure washer from the PowerHorse brand. Its got a 6.5HP engine on it and has an axial drive pump attached to it, delivering up to 3,000 PSI of pressure, and has a detergent pickup option. So far I've put probably 50-hours on it and its helled up well so far. It can be had for under 400 dollars. I've been hearing good things about that Ryobi washer people have been recommending lately, although I don't think its 3,000 PSI and anything under that you will be taking all day to pressure wash a driveway.

Basically, what you are asking for is maybe a 2 to 2.5 gallon per minute washer, I am recommending to you a 3 gallon per minute washer, as that will provide plenty of water to cut through the grime and wash away. I used to have an electric pressure washer too that did no more then maybe 1500 PSI and maybe 1.5 gallon per minute if that, it was the worst washer I had ever purchased, a complete waste of money. Sucker couldn't pressure wash concrete right, totally lacked power, and sucker was always getting air in the lines, so your standing there for nearly 10 minutes to get the air out.

The best kind of pump to have on a pressure washer is a triplex pump, but that is only found on commercial washers that you pay 1000 dollars for or more. Cat pumps are good as well, but you aren't going to find them on washers less then 500 dollars. Axial drive is what he should go with cause its more cost effective. So I wish you good luck on your pressure washer purchase, please post back when you have yours and post pics on the forum if you can, so we can see what you got. :)

Thanks for the lengthy response. I will look into your suggestions.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the power washer is on hold for now. My custom pool cue is ready for pickup :D

I don't want to thread jack, I'm actually in the market for a pressure washer...but what make pool cue? Pics?!?! I've never done a custom pool cue but I have several medium to high-end pool cues. Kind of got out of the hobby, burnt myself out with weekly tournaments and such.

I don't want to thread jack, I'm actually in the market for a pressure washer...but what make pool cue? Pics?!?! I've never done a custom pool cue but I have several medium to high-end pool cues. Kind of got out of the hobby, burnt myself out with weekly tournaments and such.

It's a Michael Durbin. 60" g10 pin, cocobolo forearm and butt with striped ebony handle. I had veneers made to mimic the thin blue line flag. Pics are not great. The figure in the wood is ridiculous. Glare from my light is killer. Glad to see another player whether current or not. [emoji1]

post-50861-144327658831_thumb.jpgpost-50861-144327668102_thumb.jpgpost-50861-144327671613_thumb.jpgpost-50861-144327675476_thumb.jpgpost-50861-144327681663_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What are you going to want it to do? 2500 psi and 2.5 gpm does OK for vinyl siding and taking accumulated crud off lawn tractors, but leaves a lot to be desired on oily grungy driveways. (especially if they haven't been cleaned in a long time) Wish I could afford a steam/hot water washer, but that is currently out of my budget. 

• 3 weeks later...

What are you going to want it to do? 2500 psi and 2.5 gpm does OK for vinyl siding and taking accumulated crud off lawn tractors, but leaves a lot to be desired on oily grungy driveways. (especially if they haven't been cleaned in a long time) Wish I could afford a steam/hot water washer, but that is currently out of my budget. 

im looking at 2800-3100 psi units. Trying to keep my eye out on a good deal. I have ceder siding on the house. Will be used to clean cars, deck, wood deck furniture, driveway, etc. 

I've been pretty happy with my Troy-Built with Honda motor from Lowes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really?   My Troy-Build died after one use!... Actually it didn't make it through the one use.  Returned it, got a Husqvarna, and swore off Troy-Built. Glad yours is working!