A new shed

WeldfabNeil

Parents wanted a shed for a lawnmower an some misc yard stuff. I was willing to build one but they went an got a small 8x12. It probably would of been nicer an better built if I built it but this isn't bad for what they need. It was a display so it was also discounted. I am just gonna add in shelves sometime soon.

The concrete is sloped if you notice. They put a shim the whole length of the shed in.

Those are great sheds......I have one that looks identical, its made by a company called Tuff Shed in my area, I went with a 8'x16' and its my tool storage unfortunately I have already out grown it and thinking of getting another one. With mine they actually built it on site and painted it.

One thing to consider if they didn't do is to install a couple of vents, one at each end for cross ventlation, really helps with moister, etc.....

Those are great sheds......I have one that looks identical, its made by a company called Tuff Shed in my area, I went with a 8'x16' and its my tool storage unfortunately I have already out grown it and thinking of getting another one. With mine they actually built it on site and painted it.

One thing to consider if they didn't do is to install a couple of vents, one at each end for cross ventlation, really helps with moister, etc.....

Thanks for flipping the pictures, not sure what i did. LOL

I think personally think we should install vents but my dad wants to wait to see how it is. I have a feeling they will be put in.

This shed is also made by tough shed. Normally they build on site but we bought the display. It was much cheaper for a almost new shed. Only downside is its paint color was already done but we really don't care about that, we can change that if we trually wanted to.

Personally I would of liked to see 16" wall framing an more then just 1/2 osb for the floor. However it meets our needs. It's just for a few things to keep out of the garage.

OK, not sure why your photo's are upside down like that, but it does look like a nice shed, perfect for a small mower, weed wacker, and some odds and ends like a gas can, oil, etc. If they owned a tractor, a double door 12 by 24 would be better. Where I live, you don't need a permit to install an 8 by 10 shed, but anything bigger requires a permit from the city. And I agree, if its being installed out in the yard, either use a concrete slab, or you can use cinder blocks for your foundation. Someone in here recently build a shed using that method and it worked for them.

I don't know why they were upside down either. Luckily jbw55 fixed that an attached them right side up.

It's just for a push mower an a few other things, if we had a rider we would of went bigger.

The previous home owner had the slab for a camper. Slabs almost 35 feet long, and has electrical hookup outside.

Thanks for flipping the pictures, not sure what i did. LOL

I think personally think we should install vents but my dad wants to wait to see how it is. I have a feeling they will be put in.

This shed is also made by tough shed. Normally they build on site but we bought the display. It was much cheaper for a almost new shed. Only downside is its paint color was already done but we really don't care about that, we can change that if we trually wanted to.

Personally I would of liked to see 16" wall framing an more then just 1/2 osb for the floor. However it meets our needs. It's just for a few things to keep out of the garage.

Regarding the 24" OC.....I was thinking the same thing, 16's would have been nice but now having the shed a few years the 24's OC don't bother me and I just added a few 2 by 4's to beef it up. Regarding the vents HD has lot's to choose from and really they are nessasary IMO but I know Dad's can be stubborn LOL! anyways have fun with all the shelving and such, you be surprised how much you can fit into one of these things with a little creativity, ha, ha.

Today an yesterday I added shelves, added 4 vents, added hooks, and sealed floor.

The whole back wall has two 30" deep shelves. Basically the goal was to be able to put plastic bins 3 high with some room to spare. Then on on one side I did a five level shelf. I just used 1/2 plywood an 2x4s.

For vents I put in four 6" round vents. 2 on left side an 2 on right side. Just used a Millwake 6" whole saw. I was thinking a little more ventilation but this will be good for now.

I added hook things on the last side for some shovels, rakes, etc.

My dad got the idea to use some leftover deck sealer on the floor. His thinking is if we put the snowblower in or wet grass from mower or anything gets on the floor it won't ruin the floor. I just said ok an did it. Not sure if it's 100% necisary but I don't think it can hurt.

Today an yesterday I added shelves, added 4 vents, added hooks, and sealed floor.

The whole back wall has two 30" deep shelves. Basically the goal was to be able to put plastic bins 3 high with some room to spare. Then on on one side I did a five level shelf. I just used 1/2 plywood an 2x4s.

For vents I put in four 6" round vents. 2 on left side an 2 on right side. Just used a Millwake 6" whole saw. I was thinking a little more ventilation but this will be good for now.

I added hook things on the last side for some shovels, rakes, etc.

My dad got the idea to use some leftover deck sealer on the floor. His thinking is if we put the snowblower in or wet grass from mower or anything gets on the floor it won't ruin the floor. I just said ok an did it. Not sure if it's 100% necisary but I don't think it can hurt.

Sounds like the shed project has had a happy ending..... :)

• 2 weeks later...