Makita Impact Wrench

Dan2425

Makita has made that mammoth thing some of you call an impact gun but for the weight and size it's complete junk if you put it up against a snap-on, IR, Dewalt, or Milwaukee.

I wanna see a new Brushless Makita Impact that can do like 600 Ft Lbs and be the same size as something like the 1/2 IR or 1/2 Milwaukee.

It's not just the weight and power that it lacks in. It feels like "old scrap", without any newer features like power controll, LED, brakes, Brushless or anything. It's just big, heavy, poor ergonomic and you know, just an old tool. But then again, it is old. 

So we can only hope that Makita is investing in something newer. After all, it's one of their oldest units in its class in the battery compartment. I would be conserned if they didn't know this allready. In the meantime you just gotta stick with another battery platform, or their very good compact Impact Wrench.  

I went with the last alternative, buying their fairly new Compact impact wrench, and don't look back. Luckily, I don't have extreme demands of power. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...