Sawzall Blades

JimboS1ice

So as I burnt through a couple blades today, as I was throwing them out, I got to thinking... Is there something I could do with these dulled out blades other than throw them at something. You guys trash them or does anybody do something creative with them?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could always grind off all the teeth and sharpen it as a flat blade. You could also grind the teeth, debur the end and probably use it as a metal pry tool if you ever have to take apart any electronics.

I was thinking about that I have one of those handles you can put the blades in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple old blades ground down for cutting things like insulation, but they last so long you'll still be looking for something to do with old blades.

What sawzall blade handle do you have, jimboslice?  I tried a friend's milwaukee handle, but the connection to the blade is too loose for my taste.  If there was a better one even if it didn't fold, I'd be replacing most of my hand saws with that.

I have a couple old blades ground down for cutting things like insulation, but they last so long you'll still be looking for something to do with old blades.

What sawzall blade handle do you have, jimboslice?  I tried a friend's milwaukee handle, but the connection to the blade is too loose for my taste.  If there was a better one even if it didn't fold, I'd be replacing most of my hand saws with that.

Its a craftsmen handle, came with a few blades, its pretty nice, everything fits pretty snug, it doesn't fold either.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-three-in-one-multi-blade-hand-saw/p-00936255000P?prdNo=32&blockNo=32&blockType=G32

Its a craftsmen handle, came with a few blades, its pretty nice, everything fits pretty snug, it doesn't fold either.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-three-in-one-multi-blade-hand-saw/p-00936255000P?prdNo=32&blockNo=32&blockType=G32

That looks like a winner.  Too bad it require a screw, but sometimes you have to compromise for a secure connection, and I'd rather that than vice grips.

That looks like a winner. Too bad it require a screw, but sometimes you have to compromise for a secure connection, and I'd rather that than vice grips.

The screw can be annoying, but how often are you going to change the blade? Worse comes to worse grab a couple of handles, I threw the blades out before I got the handle out of the package lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk