Shelac over Stain?

Swaglosrevival

your right in most cases, however the big craze is this rough reclaimed rustic finish everyone is after now

I'm not a big fan of that look, when done in moderation it looks nice but there is just too much of it in the market, it's like vintage jeans, if I want holes in my jeans I'll use my older work jeans rather than paying for shredded denim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol ya I don't care for it that much either when we were looking at buying a bedroom suite wife was looking at this rustic/vintage/rough looking set looks as if someone took old planks and screwed them together didn't even sand it and just threw a pail of poly on it extra drips and all price tag.......$5,900 WTF?

I told her I could slap that together just from my scrap pile.....needless to say we just kept going.....lol I personally like the satin or matte finish on nicely finished wood.

lol ya I don't care for it that much either when we were looking at buying a bedroom suite wife was looking at this rustic/vintage/rough looking set looks as if someone took old planks and screwed them together didn't even sand it and just threw a pail of poly on it extra drips and all price tag.......$5,900 WTF?

I told her I could slap that together just from my scrap pile.....needless to say we just kept going.....lol I personally like the satin or matte finish on nicely finished wood.

Exactly, if I want something that looks like old pallets I'll go make something out of old pallets.

Matte is very rich with a darker finish and can make something look much more valuable than it actually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk