Just Dreaming about Brushless everything.

Swaglosrevival

So ever since I got my Makita BL impact. I've noticed not just in battery life but power too. There is nothing my BL 6 1/2 Makita saw can't cut! It has a lil problem ripping wet lumber (but other than a wormdrive who doesn't) but it still cuts it. So I have a list of tool (in order) I hope Makita makes BL:

Recip Saw

Multi tool

Framing Nailer

Spiral Saw (rotozip type thingy)

Does anybody know if they are developing any of these tools?

• Like 1

A brushless recip saw is long overdue.  I recall bishop saw one at world of concrete, but there's nothing else concrete about it.

I'm surprised they haven't started putting out specialty brushless tools since the cutout tool, die grinder, nibbler, shear, biscuit joiner, etc. use the angle grinder body with a special head, and the new brushless grinder looks like fundamentally the same head.

A brushless recip saw is long overdue. I recall bishop saw one at world of concrete, but there's nothing else concrete about it.

I'm surprised they haven't started putting out specialty brushless tools since the cutout tool, die grinder, nibbler, shear, biscuit joiner, etc. use the angle grinder body with a special head, and the new brushless grinder looks like fundamentally the same head.

That's true! The BL angle grinder body could be used to make up quite a few tools.

Let me dream here :

Brushless Recip

Brushless High Torque Wrench

18 +18V Brushless 10Inch Mitre saw

18 +18V Brushless  9inch angle grinder

18 +18V Brushless Table saw

18 +18V Brushless Chainsaw

One can only dream :D

Straight on. Same "wishlist". :D

And put an 18 + 18V Brushless rotary hammer in there as well. Their 18+18V circular saw is in my eyes almost "good enough", but sure, brushless would be nice as well. 

In other words, get us brushless technology on their entire 18+18V lineup. :D

• Like 1

Let me dream here :

Brushless Recip

Brushless High Torque Wrench

18 +18V Brushless 10Inch Mitre saw

18 +18V Brushless 9inch angle grinder

18 +18V Brushless Table saw

18 +18V Brushless Chainsaw

One can only dream :D

Wow! Your dream is way better than mine! A tablesaw would make my year!!

Actually, I have been thinking about converting a small table saw (and take out the original motor), and set on with some tracks or something on the underside, so It could make the 18+18V circular saw slide in under. The batteries is connected on the outside. And on the saw itself is connected with two parallel wires to the battery compartment, so you can control it from the outside with start/stop/safety switch. The track itself/hinge would obviously be connected to the original adjustment for position height and angle. 

But yeah, I dream makita would make something like that. But if not, I may even make it my self. :P How hard can it be, right? :P XD

You could of course make it even simpler, with just a MDF-plate or something. But that just screams cheap and homemade. ^^

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I have been thinking about converting a small table saw (and take out the original motor), and set on with some tracks or something on the underside, so It could make the 18+18V circular saw slide in under. The batteries is connected on the outside. And on the saw itself is connected with two parallel wires to the battery compartment, so you can control it from the outside with start/stop/safety switch. The track itself/hinge would obviously be connected to the original adjustment for position height and angle.

But yeah, I dream makita would make something like that. But if not, I may even make it my self. [emoji14] How hard can it be, right? [emoji14] XD

You could of course make it even simpler, with just a MDF-plate or something. But that just screams cheap and homemade. ^^

Dude u should go for it. That saw good, I think I will take a crack at it. The only problem with me is that I don't own the 18+18 saw lol