Wood burner engraver

JimboS1ice

Decided to make a golf tee triangle game for my fiancées birthday. So I figured I would spruce it up a little, as a kid I had a wood burner engraver, I think that's what it's called.

So I go to Home Depot this morning look around in any possible place I can think before asking for help. Finally in my stubborn frustration I ask somebody. He just kind of looked at me, younger guy maybe just out of high school. Didn't know what I was talking about, no help from my poor description either.

Finally he calls over someone else and they tell me they don't carry any? Really? It's Home Depot, so I go to menards and pick one up I got the variable temperature one just because.

So I did a little border and writing and it came out decent, I'll post some pictures after my varnish dries.

So my question is does anybody use these any more? Apparently it's a dying thing because I was looked at like a relic for bringing it up and I'm not even that old.

Once the stain got on the contrast was pretty cool with the stain although my techniques need some improvement. Looking forward though to playing with this!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk