A couple bathroom projects

stainlessstroker95

So I have been doing a couple home projects. In the bathroom we have a whirlpool tub but the previous owner never installed an outlet for the pump. So I had some spare space in the breaker box for another breaker. I ran about 24' of wire and installed a gfi. Next was a door to get access to the water lines for the tub. As it was it was boxed in with drywall. And I am going to patch a spot in the ceiling where the roof leaked before we moved in and put a new roof on. The wireing is done just working on the door and ceiling now. I built the door cause I couldn't find where I can buy just a door. We had some extra 1 bys from trimming out the living room so that's what I used. My wife and I both like the old time look. My wife stained it.

• Like 1

Nice job stainless it feels nice to get things accomplished around the house. Crazy he had a tub installed but never had the electrical put in to run it!! Must have ran out of money. That is one thing that seems to have died though is people getting hot tubs in houses people would rather spend that money and put in a really high end shower stall. The kind with multiple heads and maybe even a steam generator. It's just one of those things that have changed with the times. I personally wouldn't have a house with a bathtub now show stalls are a much better option. The only thing is people want them for little kits but they can still use the shower plus its safer as the chance of downing is even less still don't leave kids un attended.

your right jason tubs are less and less installed, however not all of us are that lucky, there are still old school die hards like my wife that has to have a soaker tub, not with jets but over sized..and a high end shower stall to go with it.......the guest bathroom we did on the main floor is tubless, just walk in shower no lip no door.....multi shower heads......I told her if we went with no tub in our master bathroom we could just about have a 4th bedroom....she just laughed......

freestanding-bathtub-in-modern-bathroom-

• Like 3

Thanks Jason, It's coming along. A lot of things in the house are unfinished. Like drywall in one room is done and mudded but not sanded. And it has some new wireing but no light fixtures just those pig tail lights. I think they got so much money a year for repairs and that's as far as they got. We have lived there for two years and it's been slow progress. But here lately work has been slow so I get a chance to work around the house. And a fancy shower would be nice. But with the pump running now, the tub has got more use. And that is one nice clean bathroom you have there comp.

thanks stainlessstroker, it takes time......I have been renovating for awhile now room by room and I still don't think 

i'm half way yet........only good thing is after each room it is all brand new, right from the studs out. I just hope I finish the last room before the first room needs it again...lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well it seems that this project has taken off a bit. We got the walls painted and put up some trim. We used 1x4s and then got some galvanized metal from Lowes. Not a bad project really. The 1x4s were roughed up a bit then stained and clear coated. The metal was cut at 32" so we could get 3 sections out off the sheet. I have a Milwaukee 5-3/8 metal saw and it went through it just fine and made clean cuts. I actually got that saw as a birthday present a couple years ago. I'm not sure if the person knew they got me a metal saw on purpose or not. I always used it as a wood circular saw anyway. So we are waiting for more boards to dry and we should finish that part of it this week some time. Still need to do something with the ceiling and put some different rustic looking lights up.

So I have been doing a couple home projects. In the bathroom we have a whirlpool tub but the previous owner never installed an outlet for the pump. So I had some spare space in the breaker box for another breaker. I ran about 24' of wire and installed a gfi. Next was a door to get access to the water lines for the tub. As it was it was boxed in with drywall. And I am going to patch a spot in the ceiling where the roof leaked before we moved in and put a new roof on. The wireing is done just working on the door and ceiling now. I built the door cause I couldn't find where I can buy just a door. We had some extra 1 bys from trimming out the living room so that's what I used. My wife and I both like the old time look. My wife stained it.

I like the door a lot. And it will break up the white too.

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

Thanks comp. it's not much but figured I would share. I'm not much of a wood worker but would like to learn. It would help if I had more wood working tools though.

You did great. You never get good if you never do it your self. Good job. To you and your wife.

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

There has definitely been some learning going on lately. Mostly I learn that I don't have any wood working tools.

That's what it's all about my friend. I've learnt over the years, to buy a tool for every new job you do. Unless you're a millionaire. Lol. Then after you retire you'll have the right tool for every job. But somebody else younger will have to do the work for you. Lol. Keep it up. We can do anything.

Miller

same thing when someone is doing a red neck half assed job do they realize it and not care or they just don't know better......I myself take longer to do most things all because I pay close attention to detail......because someone will notice......

• Like 1