what 18v line would u consider best?? Carpenter

jackfinzo

Kruton yes I total agree I was watching a review on Tia a while back of the diablo 7.1/4 blades (easy tracker or something like that)that come out early nxt year and I was thinking how lucky ye where to have easy access to such quality! But then came the jaw dropper... The would retail fr $10!!!!!! I can't get over it!! It's crazy!!!

• Like 1

Kruton yes I total agree I was watching a review on Tia a while back of the diablo 7.1/4 blades (easy tracker or something like that)that come out early nxt year and I was thinking how lucky ye where to have easy access to such quality! But then came the jaw dropper... The would retail fr $10!!!!!! I can't get over it!! It's crazy!!!

Some current diablo blades have the tracking point. It just wasnt advertised until now.  I actually didnt realize until i was looking at the teeth on a box of blades I bought a year ago and every fifth or so tooth has a tracking point.

What do you mean Dwain .. Maybe? 

It's going to spank the Fuel's ass :D

hahaha :D

Not sure your opinion's are particularly objective Dominic ;) Re: the side handles above, both can come off and round the metal edges, but I find the Makita side handle much more likely to come off. I also think that the other side handles are sufficient, and that the Makita is a little overboard ;)

But as I said above, Makita is an excellent choice for a chippie, and I would personally hold out for a kit including batteries with charge indicators...

Not sure your opinion's are particularly objective Dominic ;) Re: the side handles above, both can come off and round the metal edges, but I find the Makita side handle much more likely to come off. I also think that the other side handles are sufficient, and that the Makita is a little overboard ;)

But as I said above, Makita is an excellent choice for a chippie, and I would personally hold out for a kit including batteries with charge indicators...

Now Dwain the Makitas handle doubles as a personal protection device!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

i do believe in supporting local salesmen BUT tell me if im wrong??? i believe im about to spend around 1200 on tools from America. if i was to purchase in Ireland it would be over 3000 maybe even 4000 im scared to look!! now do you still believe i should go ahead and support the locals?? haha :P

Given that you were looking to buy your tools overseas, have you considered buying them from a Canadian retailer? I say that because the Canadian dollar to euro exchange rate is currently one Canadian dollar equals €.69. With the number of tools you're looking to buy, you could potentially save yourself enough money to get in extra battery or two if you bought from Canada instead of the US. Not to mention the fact that some tools such as the brushless Circular saw are not available here in the US. Kmstools.com and atlas-machinery.com are two places with good reputations.

Regarding the LED light (torch), Makita has a new floodlight that works on either an 18 V battery or via a cord. You would need adapter for the cord, but that wouldn't be any different than what you would need to do for a Makita charger bought in the US/Canada anyway.

Not sure your opinion's are particularly objective Dominic ;)

Hhahahaha true :D  Noone can know what the Brushless recip will do of course.

I guess i'm just 'hoping' that 2.5 years after the fuel SOMEONE should be able to put a competing product on the market.  After 2.5 years it shouldn't just compete but spank the fuel.

That's what i'm hoping atleast ^^

• Like 1

I see your point. It also took a long time for anyone (it was Makita) to produce a rival for the FUEL angle grinder and circular saw. Makita produced two wonderful tools, and certainly in the same league, but neither are more powerful...

Does anyone know when exactly battery indicators will be out? i suppose i could buy the bare minimum of batteries now and then get a few 5 or 6amp/hrs with indicators if they will be out soon enough!!?

Given that you were looking to buy your tools overseas, have you considered buying them from a Canadian retailer? I say that because the Canadian dollar to euro exchange rate is currently one Canadian dollar equals €.69. With the number of tools you're looking to buy, you could potentially save yourself enough money to get in extra battery or two if you bought from Canada instead of the US. Not to mention the fact that some tools such as the brushless Circular saw are not available here in the US. Kmstools.com and atlas-machinery.com are two places with good reputations.

Regarding the LED light (torch), Makita has a new floodlight that works on either an 18 V battery or via a cord. You would need adapter for the cord, but that wouldn't be any different than what you would need to do for a Makita charger bought in the US/Canada anyway.

i haven't particularly looked for a Canadian retailer but i certainly will now that you say it!! yes the 110v situation is no problem  I'm used to it at this stage! :P once again lads thanks so much for the info!!  i will go look at both Kmstools.com and atlas-machinery.com now :)

I see your point. It also took a long time for anyone (it was Makita) to produce a rival for the FUEL angle grinder and circular saw. Makita produced two wonderful tools, and certainly in the same league, but neither are more powerful...

Also true ! Hoping that the new crank design with longer stroke lenght/more rpms will change up the game. In theory it should. If the power is there to support those rpm's

:)

Also true ! Hoping that the new crank design with longer stroke lenght/more rpms will change up the game. In theory it should. If the power is there to support those rpm's

:)

It most likely will be more powerful than the fuel recip saw but isn't the new crank design near the same as the Milwaukee's? It has a vertical crank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea ! I wouldnt know the difference personnaly between crank designs in recipro saws :) for Makita atleast this is a new thing compared to the onder Models which should give us an improvement :)

I think it's an improvement and then some, I have no idea why Milwaukee didn't make theirs orbital. Way to go makita on these new recip saws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk