What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

20 hours ago, Kato said:

I spent a small fortune today, bought the Flexzilla hose splicer for my air hose. Frickin' broke the bank with this one...a whopping 3 bucks!

IMG_1622.JPG

Glad to see you figured that out. I, too, try to complicate things when in the end I find out there is something already available and kick myself when I see how simple it was....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Glad to see you figured that out. I, too, try to complicate things when in the end I find out there is something already available and kick myself when I see how simple it was....

Sadly this information is typically after we rack our brains and come up with a solution that will work, but we don't like. I couldn't wait to take the barbed fitting and hose clamps off. I also found out that the "Pro" series has repairable ends, which are designed similar to the splicer. You can take the ends off and replace them at will and it's super-easy. Gonna make repairs a piece of cake if ever needed.

The hose is pretty damned good stuff too, so far I haven't had any kinks or anything with it, even when it's really cold in the garage. Stuff just unwraps and "springs" into shape very nicely. I doubt you could kink it on purpose if you wanted to, but I'm not gonna try...

• Like 2

Are those WERA metric nut drivers?  How's that handle shape work for you?  They look cool, are they comfortable to use?

Yea they are, I'm actually a huge fan of the handle it fits my hand well, the shape of the handle follows the natural curve of your grip, takes a little getting used to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On December 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM, MikeyB said:

Decided to pull the trigger on a Boss 7 Ton electric log splitter today. Also ordered the 4 way splitter atatchement for it as well

Ordered on Monday delivered on Thursday, splitting some firewood for today's activities. What a great little machine this is.

image.jpeg

• Like 7

Ordered the USB adapter for 12v/20v Max; found it for $21 CAD when it's usually $30-38 CAD. 

With all the Boxing Day sales I think the pocketbook will feel a bit lighter soon. There will be more red and yellow and maybe some more German goodies in the collection soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Ordered on Monday delivered on Thursday, splitting some firewood for today's activities. What a great little machine this is.

image.jpeg

I have a similar unit from Homelite:

splitter.jpg

Here is just a sample of what it's done for me:

oak_stacks_1.jpg

Those little electric splitters are more powerful than you expect.  I wouldn't run it in the garage as you're doing though. Sooner or later it'll throw a log, if you're using a push block, and you don't want your car to be within firing distance when that happens.

What are you splitting there?  It looks flaky, like maybe pearwood.

• Like 1

Presents and stocking stuffers from my wife:

IMG_20161225_072931.jpg

Super warm Carhartt gloves, two of those tapes you guys all like, and an Irwin multi driver. 

Those gloves look nice! I'm fixing to head up to Cloudcroft, NM. tomorrow. Should have looked at the carhartt gloves online!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, dwasifar said:

I have a similar unit from Homelite:

splitter.jpg

Here is just a sample of what it's done for me:

oak_stacks_1.jpg

Those little electric splitters are more powerful than you expect.  I wouldn't run it in the garage as you're doing though. Sooner or later it'll throw a log, if you're using a push block, and you don't want your car to be within firing distance when that happens.

What are you splitting there?  It looks flaky, like maybe pearwood.

That's a great stack of lumber you got there bro.

Im splitting seasoned oak, maple and a little of ash. Had a seasoned cord delivered last week. My neighbor and I split the full cord. $100.00 each.

no cars in my garage, no worries about any firewood being thrown into anything of worry. 

This machine is fantastic. I'm glad I went with the 7 ton instead of the 5 ton.

I split some freshly cut 11" thick oak today and the machine didn't flinch.

Money well spent!

• Like 2