What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

2 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

Got this as an early Christmas present. Can wait to put it to some good hard use!

IMG_4031.JPG

Am I the only one who made "pew pew" noises in his head when seeing this?? I think I might need to go back to my shrink...

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Got a little OBD2 scanner that hooks to your phone that Bosch is running a special on. Pretty sweet for $100.

If I knew you were in the market for a bluetooth OBD I would have sent you one...I've got at least three Bosch OBD 1050 sitting around here somewhere. Nice little unit to have

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kato said:

If I knew you were in the market for a bluetooth OBD I would have sent you one...I've got at least three Bosch OBD 1050 sitting around here somewhere. Nice little unit to have

It was one of those things where the light came on halfway between the middle of nowhere and back so I stopped at an O'Reilly when I got to somewhere and grabbed a 1050 because it was the more appealing alternative to having to interact with a real person and have them touching up on my truck or leave it to the genius in the shop who would have the whole dash apart trying to find where the code was stuck and deciding the best course of action would be to cut all wires going to the gauge cluster. I don't punctuate in my mind so I figure why punctuate my ramblings?

• Like 1

Flexzilla Pro Impact Set

Flexzilla Pro Impact Set at O'Reilly. Apparently we sell them, but this is the first one I've seen in person.

Friend bought two of them, used this one and said it stopped working. I told him to let me see if I could fix it, got it from him and put it on the air hose to test it out...ran like a champ. Only issue I could find was that it was dirty. I think he was just being generous and wanted to give it to me. Or he realized that he didn't need two of them. I guess he got them on Amazon with some special deal or something. But, his loss, my gain.

Couldn't find any issues apart from the dirt from being used, yanked the lugs off the car with no problem, put them on just as easy. No problems with the trigger, the forward/reverse is hard to switch sometimes but that could be by design so you don't accidentally switch it. Ports air out fine, torque selector works fine, all three torque settings forward and reverse work fine. Hey, I'm not gonna argue when free tools come my way.

Other thing I can't figure out is the fact that he's got plenty of impacts in the shop, why buy more. I guess when you have money to burn there's always a tool that's calling your name...

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Kato said:

Flexzilla Pro Impact Set

Flexzilla Pro Impact Set at O'Reilly. Apparently we sell them, but this is the first one I've seen in person.

Friend bought two of them, used this one and said it stopped working. I told him to let me see if I could fix it, got it from him and put it on the air hose to test it out...ran like a champ. Only issue I could find was that it was dirty. I think he was just being generous and wanted to give it to me. Or he realized that he didn't need two of them. I guess he got them on Amazon with some special deal or something. But, his loss, my gain.

Couldn't find any issues apart from the dirt from being used, yanked the lugs off the car with no problem, put them on just as easy. No problems with the trigger, the forward/reverse is hard to switch sometimes but that could be by design so you don't accidentally switch it. Ports air out fine, torque selector works fine, all three torque settings forward and reverse work fine. Hey, I'm not gonna argue when free tools come my way.

Other thing I can't figure out is the fact that he's got plenty of impacts in the shop, why buy more. I guess when you have money to burn there's always a tool that's calling your name...

I cannot judge a man for buying things he technically doesn't need.

• Like 2

So last Thursday I went to pickup all the stuff from the auction. I ended up getting there and they had stuff that wasn't sold. I asked about tables, they had some and they came with top shelves. I negotiated them down to $40 a piece on eight. What I ended up getting (on top of the six tables I originally bought) was NINE maple top, steel frame tables(5' X 3'), 13 top shelves and 8 power strips for $320!

Power strips look like:

696.jpg

I've only set up one of the tables(I plan on selling a lot of them), this is my electronics/its-too-hot-in-the-garage bench:

m0JnegQ.jpg

The chairs we bought were super nice too and all the test equipment works. One of my oscilloscopes didn't work but I fixed it on Friday. All of the test equipment other than the power supply is still at the shop.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I cannot judge a man for buying things he technically doesn't need.

We wouldn't be men if we didn't buy things we didn't need. Also, you won't know if you don't need it if you don't buy it. Wives will tell us that if we don't need it, we shouldn't buy it.

I say...how am I supposed to know if I don't need it if I don't have it? If I don't have it, I won't know I need it until I don't have it. If I have it and don't need it, at least it's there for when I might need it.

wow, I think I just overloaded my brain, I gotta go lay down...

• Like 5

We wouldn't be men if we didn't buy things we didn't need. Also, you won't know if you don't need it if you don't buy it. Wives will tell us that if we don't need it, we shouldn't buy it.

I say...how am I supposed to know if I don't need it if I don't have it? If I don't have it, I won't know I need it until I don't have it. If I have it and don't need it, at least it's there for when I might need it.

wow, I think I just overloaded my brain, I gotta go lay down...

Hey I ordered an oxx coffee box and I knew I didn't need it! Also ordered some of those power in motion batteries for my m12 hoodie, that Knarlycarl posted a while back. I convinced myself I needed those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Made a stop at good ol HF today got the 1/2 ratchet for 12bucks and the welding cart for my welder my funds are pretty tapped at the moment or else I would've went with another one I wanted with drawers and felt sturdier but still haven't finished Christmas shopping yet ?

image.jpg

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Made a stop at good ol HF today got the 1/2 ratchet for 12bucks and the welding cart for my welder my funds are pretty tapped at the moment or else I would've went with another one I wanted with drawers and felt sturdier but still haven't finished Christmas shopping yet ?

image.jpg

I've got a similar cart. I can't say I've had any issues with it, but I can't say I'm happy with it either....If that makes any sense. I was like you, it fit my budget at the time. One of these days the mood is gonna hit me right and I'm gonna make my own.

57 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

image.jpg

Let me know what you think of that cart Big Mike, I'm thinking of picking it up one of these days 

1 hour ago, joemontague said:

Went to lowes  been  wanting  to try  these  Irwin  impact  bits  out  they look ok we will see and the spyder  wire brush  for the sawzall  looks like it will come in handy  

20161219_091435.jpg

I have the Kobalt brushes and files from when they clearanced them out, I've found uses for them but not often. I like that you don't need an adapter for the Spyder version.