What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

28 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Ok so I'm pretty tapped out on my tool budget for the next couple months☹️?? but pretty happy with the new toys?? gotta give a shout out to Ricky for leading me into buying the Dewalt tough system organizer??

IMG_1752.JPG

Nice welder. Only difference between that and the I want to say the 140c is in the drive rollers. Nice unit.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Thank u sir! Do u have any experience with Lincoln Cman? My buddy's owns a 125 that he really likes a lot but I got this one for a pretty good deal

you will be fine with Lincoln, they make solid welders and good wire as well.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, comp56 said:

you will be fine with Lincoln, they make solid welders and good wire as well.....

+1 Tou can't go wrong with a Lincoln or a Miller. I have a Lincoln stick welder and used to have a 110 Mig. Both were great quality and trouble free.

8 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Ok so I'm pretty tapped out on my tool budget for the next couple months☹️?? but pretty happy with the new toys?? gotta give a shout out to Ricky for leading me into buying the Dewalt tough system organizer??

IMG_1752.JPG

Let me know how you like the welder I've been thinking of getting same one. 

• Like 1

My father bought me some new tools this week! Super stoked about the M18 hackzall! I've been using the m12 for a couple years, and it's good, just not great for everything. I've been keeping my 4yr old m18 sawzall in the truck for those situations where I needed more. I think I can cut some weight off the truck now. 66cc5f3b74945f58fa5e8af672570ac8.jpg
1e3185c3d0bdb7b8f9100eea3cffb9d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

IMG_1752.JPG

Very cool, I think you could train your kids on that welder!

Got an old tombstone at my inlaws keep forgetting about it, probably mess around with it here and there for kicks and giggles...

18 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

My father bought me some new tools this week! Super stoked about the M18 hackzall! I've been using the m12 for a couple years, and it's good, just not great for everything. I've been keeping my 4yr old m18 sawzall in the truck for those situations where I needed more. I think I can cut some weight off the truck now. 66cc5f3b74945f58fa5e8af672570ac8.jpg

About time! For one hand use it's priceless, cutting pvc pipe mainly...

• Like 2

About time! For one hand use it's priceless, cutting pvc pipe mainly...

Yeah it's a monster when it comes to pvc. I've used dads here and there since he got one a year or so back. He bought a kit for his other two man crew a few months ago. Those two only bring their 2 piece combo dewalts([emoji37]) to work with them. Dad provides their truck with the rest (corded recip, angle drills, spade drill, rotary hammer,circ,multitool,dremel, and such) he actually bought a 6 1/2" 20*v max dewalt circ for their truck a while back. Seeing how I have a few([emoji23]) m18 batteries he asked if I was good with the bare tool. I said no problemo!

• Like 1

Slowly adding to the M12 collection!

Wanted to get the right angle impact but HD didn't have it in stock and I wanted to finish the project I was working on today. Got the drill instead. Worked great for the 4 pocket hole screws that I need to drive in. I'll still have an excuse to get the right angle impact too!

IMG_4006 (2).JPG

• Like 6

Slowly adding to the M12 collection!

Wanted to get the right angle impact but HD didn't have it in stock and I wanted to finish the project I was working on today. Got the drill instead. Worked great for the 4 pocket hole screws that I need to drive in. I'll still have an excuse to get the right angle impact too!

IMG_4006 (2).JPG

Last year amazon had these for like 40 bucks, thing was a steal at that price, I love that drill but still want the right angle impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I've almost bought the right angle drill at least a half dozen times, just never went through with it.

It is mediocre feeling in quality at best. I used it maybe twice. I'm not to torn up that it's gone. That's just my opinion though, I know a lot of guys like it.

• Like 1

It is mediocre feeling in quality at best. I used it maybe twice. I'm not to torn up that it's gone. That's just my opinion though, I know a lot of guys like it.

It's small/light enough that it doesn't add too much bulk to my extra tools box. It has saved my a** a couple times, just not used unless I really need it. The key is as Jimbo said, not to over pay for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

If you have hex bits or bit holders, which i figure you do, try the impact instead.  There are plenty of times the angle impact will fit but the drill won't.

If a fella had the right angle impact and a set of stubby hex shank drill bits, he'd be shitting in tall cotton 

• Like 5

I talked my shop"s owner into bank rolling a largish shop + personal auction buy and picked up a bunch of equipment for like 80% or more off used-ebay listings. Luckily he's giving me a little time to pay him back or else I couldn't buy all this:

Oscilloscope:

gUlM3QV.jpg

Oscilloscope:

zDEGtcl.jpg

Digital Oscilloscope:

HA9xcXQ.jpg

Function generator:

UPlvcwZ.jpg

Variable power supply:

TZqB0MY.jpg

Two solid wood top, steel frame 5' X 3' adjustable height tables:

El7mQjA.jpg

Not shown, I picked up three business-class color laser printers for $34. I think the shop is getting one of them and I'll try to sell the other and one(or both) of the analog scopes to offset the fuel cost from driving up to Jacksonville. I figure you guys would only care about the tables, damn good deal at $50 each so we bought six total.

• Like 6