What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

16 minutes ago, comp56 said:

PGS

ding ding ding!

Now that I've got two accessories for a Festool track saw, I imagine I'll have to take the plunge (ha ha, I get it now).  I just need to finish up my current shelving project (seen in the background of the pic) before I can buy any more tools.

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

How do you like it? emoji16.png

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's fantastic! I will be buying more, definitely another one of the little 12' Standard/Metric tape measure but the autolock and flat back will be next. I do miss the 1/2 measurement the Lufkins have but that's why you buy more than one tape measure. Thanks for posting it, I had seen them before but I didn't see the Standard/metric variation.

• Like 1

It's fantastic! I will be buying more, definitely another one of the little 12' Standard/Metric tape measure but the autolock and flat back will be next. I do miss the 1/2 measurement the Lufkins have but that's why you buy more than one tape measure. Thanks for posting it, I had seen them before but I didn't see the Standard/metric variation.

Good deal. Glad you like it. I always fear recommending something and people hating it. Lol Im going back to the woodshop today and am going to pick up another one myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Bought a dado insert for my delta table saw. Probably could have made one but the price dropped dramatically on Amazon and the thinness of the insert would have been hard to make. 5b6da8c08e061687467edc55e0015d42.jpg

Nice! I attempted to make a zero clearance insert for my DeWalt table saw.... and... well just say I still dont have one!:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

Picked up these bad boys today. We'll have to see how they do e613c20d5c18bbce9728815643b776a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow! I didn't even know that impact hole saws were a thing. Let me know how you like them, I may need to pick those up! Where and how much?

• Like 2

Wow! I didn't even know that impact hole saws were a thing. Let me know how you like them, I may need to pick those up! Where and how much?

I missed them when my local Home Depot was selling them. They got rid of them. Not selling I guess. But my electrical supply house just got them in today actually so I snagged a set. I paid 30, but I think HD online has them for 35. The reviews I've seen look pretty promising in the cutting department , though I'm not sure what the longevity will be like. I'll try any new gimmicky tool at least once. I have the Klein carbide hole cutters, but I was interested in trying these out on panels since I carry the m12 fuel 1/4" impact in my bag at all times. And one less excuse to have to carry my heavier m18 drill. They seem to be geared to sparky's seeing how the set is good for 1/2", 3/4", and 1" conduit fittings. I'll keep you posted once I get some holes with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Made a trip to cu woodshop. They are running sales everyday until Christmas and they last til the end of the month. One of the sales was the gripper for $10 off making it $20. Might pick up another one. Had to of course get another fast cap tape measure. [emoji106]

c1107081c20839cb72391d5ed052aaa6.jpg

• Like 4

Well, I didn't buy it today, but I just joined the forum, so I'll post my most recent purchases.

Here's a Makita 5007MG circular saw:

IMG_20161026_195000.jpg

And here it is on its first project, a woodshed under construction in this pic:

IMG_20161030_155703.jpg

New Makita saw, meet 23-year-old Makita drill.  During the course of that project I broke that orange framing square you see behind it, so I bought one of these to replace it:

51avwcoQ0XL._SY355_.jpg

Funny thing is I set out to buy a Milwaukee saw, and actually did buy one, but returned it and got the Makita instead.

• Like 7