What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

10 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I talked my shop"s owner into bank rolling a largish shop + personal auction buy and picked up a bunch of equipment for like 80% or more off used-ebay listings. Luckily he's giving me a little time to pay him back or else I couldn't buy all this:

Oscilloscope:

Oscilloscope:

Digital Oscilloscope:

Function generator:

Variable power supply:

Two solid wood top, steel frame 5' X 3' adjustable height tablesNot shown, I picked up three business-class color laser printers for $34. I think the shop is getting one of them and I'll try to sell the other and one(or both) of the analog scopes to offset the fuel cost from driving up to Jacksonville. I figure you guys would only care about the tables, damn good deal at $50 each so we bought six total.

Wow! That's awesome! Great find, nice place you have to work at, treat you well it seems

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I talked my shop"s owner into bank rolling a largish shop + personal auction buy and picked up a bunch of equipment for like 80% or more off used-ebay listings. Luckily he's giving me a little time to pay him back or else I couldn't buy all this:

Oscilloscope:

gUlM3QV.jpg

Oscilloscope:

zDEGtcl.jpg

Digital Oscilloscope:

HA9xcXQ.jpg

Function generator:

UPlvcwZ.jpg

Variable power supply:

TZqB0MY.jpg

Two solid wood top, steel frame 5' X 3' adjustable height tables:

El7mQjA.jpg

Not shown, I picked up three business-class color laser printers for $34. I think the shop is getting one of them and I'll try to sell the other and one(or both) of the analog scopes to offset the fuel cost from driving up to Jacksonville. I figure you guys would only care about the tables, damn good deal at $50 each so we bought six total.

Some legit hardware you picked up. I'm going to attempt to go to a massive welder and equipment auction Wednesday. I'm going to talk my boss into buying an Esab track cutter and Hem saw vertical band saw and a three phase Lincoln. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Pretty sweet gift Nick. Don't know anybody that wouldn't be glad to get that for Christmas!

We have a new front and rear end to put in his car this winter so this should help us a bunch. I opened it up to try it out and it is super light plus it is quiet and small too. My grandpa broke his arm a while back and he still doesn't have full strength yet so it should help him out a ton.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Wow! That's awesome! Great find, nice place you have to work at, treat you well it seems

Yeah, they are great. They are very understanding of my health issues and my Mom's too, about once or twice a year I end up having to take a month off. Occasionally I have to miss a day to take my Mom to the doctors, not a problem. I don't know many jobs that would be okay with that.

22 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Some legit hardware you picked up. I'm going to attempt to go to a massive welder and equipment auction Wednesday. I'm going to talk my boss into buying an Esab track cutter and Hem saw vertical band saw and a three phase Lincoln. 

The trick is to talk the Boss into something he wants! Then when that wallet is open, might as well get some other stuff! We bought extras to offset costs. BTW, they have another auction in Maryland this time, this might be better for a lot of members here. I don't know of any members here in the Jacksonville area and didn't know if I'd have extra space or else I would have shared this one.

17 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Damn BMack! Big pickups there!

Thanks! I'm super excited! I picked up all of that for about the cost of one of those tables. There was no way I could afford the pieces new.

Just now, Stercorarius said:

Not a whole lot, but enough that it makes me able to rationalize the purchase. Currently doing a security system and wanted a cleaner install than the precut cables that come with it.

cool I have a complete set somewhere around here hardly use it any more now that the entire house is wired with cat 6

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Ordered a Franklin stud sensor and a pair of Knipex raptors. Pretty pumped. Canada Post finally brought my Milwaukee ratchet. It's slightly larger than I anticipated but I'm happy to add it to the arsenal. 

Cool, i didn't have anything besides an air ratchet to compare to, so i don't know what's larger or not... I love it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Cool, i didn't have anything besides an air ratchet to compare to, so i don't know what's larger or not... I love it though.

I think it's fairly comparable to air, but I used my low-end low-tooth count ratchet on my truck the other day and the M12 feels like a pipe wrench by comparison (I know; it's like comparing a hammer to a nail gun lol). Pictures just didn't really do it justice that's all. 

• Like 1

Seems like more and more multibit screwdrivers come with the end that pops out like this.. either that, or I haven't shopped for screwdrivers in a long time...

I have the 11-1 Klein which I use daily. The unit is too short and hard to get into small spaces as it is very wide. This thing should be able to get into pretty tight spaces and deeper boxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2