What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I have you to thank for the Boss recommendation Conductor. I was torn between the Generac 10 ton kinetic and the Boss 7 ton. I called Log Splitters Direct.com today and the lady gave me the low down and I explanind to her what my needs for an electric log spliter was and her reply was......BOSS,BOSS, BOSS. She said they have a great product line and fantastic customer service. I felt she did me a solid because if you spoke to any other salesperson they would try to sell you the more expensive product. 

I had a great tool buying experience today.... Great company to buy from.... 

• Like 2

I have you to thank for the Boss recommendation Conductor. I was torn between the Generac 10 ton kinetic and the Boss 7 ton. I called Log Splitters Direct.com today and the lady gave me the low down and I explanind to her what my needs for an electric log spliter was and her reply was......BOSS,BOSS, BOSS. She said they have a great product line and fantastic customer service. I felt she did me a solid because if you spoke to any other salesperson they would try to sell you the more expensive product. 

That's awesome when a salesperson actually helps You, and not just themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Not a big deal but I picked up the Klein magnet for my CL800...

Klein Magnet.JPG

How do you like that meter? I've always been a fluke guy, but I wish that they'd have more convenience features for the money. I've almost bought the CL800 just for the lead holder on the clamp.

I love it. I use it every day, multiple times a day sometimes. It does exactly everything I need a meter to do, and being able to do DC amps with the clamp instead of interrupting the circuit is a beautiful feature. We have the Fluke 117/323 kit and to be honest the Fluke stuff feels like toys compared to the Klein. I have meters at home, and don't do DC amps so I use it at work. But, every time I use it I think to myself that I'm gonna buy another one to keep at home.

My only gripe, which is my biggest gripe with most meters, is the fact that you can't put the frickin' thing anywhere. It's a pain in the ass trying to meter something and having to figure out where to lay the meter, which is why I bought the magnetic holder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Good deal. That may be the only thing I did right this week, lol

• Like 1

I love it. I use it every day, multiple times a day sometimes. It does exactly everything I need a meter to do, and being able to do DC amps with the clamp instead of interrupting the circuit is a beautiful feature. We have the Fluke 117/323 kit and to be honest the Fluke stuff feels like toys compared to the Klein. I have meters at home, and don't do DC amps so I use it at work. But, every time I use it I think to myself that I'm gonna buy another one to keep at home.

My only gripe, which is my biggest gripe with most meters, is the fact that you can't put the frickin' thing anywhere. It's a pain in the ass trying to meter something and having to figure out where to lay the meter, which is why I bought the magnetic holder.

Yeah you would think with all the different meters/accessories that fluke had they would have incorporated the magnet attachment into most of their meters by now! I lost my last fluke clamp meter, and picked up a smaller, lighter 323 to replace it. It's not bad but again, for the money you'd think a few more convenience features! I've been tempted to get a couple of the FLIR cm55's to try out, and maybe down the road a FLIR c2

2 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

Yeah you would think with all the different meters/accessories that fluke had they would have incorporated the magnet attachment into most of their meters by now! I lost my last fluke clamp meteremoji17.png, and picked up a smaller, lighter 323 to replace it. It's not bad but again, for the money you'd think a few more convenience features! I've been tempted to get a couple of the FLIR cm55's to try out, and maybe down the road a FLIR c2

The Fluke magnet accessory is ridiculously priced but there are knockoffs on eBay that work the same. I ended up with one that was made by Fluke but they posted it to compete with the knockoff price, reseller accounts are awesome like that. I think it's for the DMMs only, I think they assume you'll hang the clamp meter by the clamp.

I did just check all my meters for accuracy with my new benchtop power supply, my Klein CL700 was the least accurate by far, about 500mV off at times...that being said, it's a clamp meter and not a DMM so it doesn't need to be super accurate. I can't think of a single reason I'd need a clamp meter to be more accurate than +/- 5V. The Kleins also feel great in the hand, I'd buy it again, great value. 

• Like 1

Zero issues with my Klein, and I've compared readings on it with other meters, with our Fluke kit and other meters, and don't find any inaccuracies. Either it's doing good or all of our meters suck...which I guess isn't an impossibility.

The magnet on our Fluke meter came with the kit, don't know if it's common or not. The Klein magnet is pretty cheap, 12 bucks. I'd think they could add it with their meters and just up the price of the meter a couple of bucks. Would save the hassle of ordering the magnet separately.

• Like 1

Zero issues with my Klein, and I've compared readings on it with other meters, with our Fluke kit and other meters, and don't find any inaccuracies. Either it's doing good or all of our meters suck...which I guess isn't an impossibility.

The magnet on our Fluke meter came with the kit, don't know if it's common or not. The Klein magnet is pretty cheap, 12 bucks. I'd think they could add it with their meters and just up the price of the meter a couple of bucks. Would save the hassle of ordering the magnet separately.

Again the 323, or at least mine doesn't have the ability to add a magnetic hanger. Smooth back. And there are situations where you if you hang a clamp meter by the clamp, you can't read it well without ducking. I know I'm being a wimp, but I might just give that Klein a shot.

Ours is the same, the meter can take the magnet but the clamp can't. Plus the 323 can't do DC amps through the clamp, which is one of the biggest features for me. Gotta be able to read DC amps on our PIE batteries and can't do it with other meters without interrupting the circuit.

My problem with any meter is being able to use it without holding it. The Klein having the lead holder is great and I put a belt clip on the meter to be able to clip it to my pocket or to something to hold it. Using the clamp to hang it works sometimes, but not when you don't have anything to hang it on. The magnet will be a godsend over here, especially on the conveyors.

not many options to place a meter when you're 40 feet up in the air on a scissor lift...

• Like 2

Ours is the same, the meter can take the magnet but the clamp can't. Plus the 323 can't do DC amps through the clamp, which is one of the biggest features for me. Gotta be able to read DC amps on our PIE batteries and can't do it with other meters without interrupting the circuit.

My problem with any meter is being able to use it without holding it. The Klein having the lead holder is great and I put a belt clip on the meter to be able to clip it to my pocket or to something to hold it. Using the clamp to hang it works sometimes, but not when you don't have anything to hang it on. The magnet will be a godsend over here, especially on the conveyors.

not many options to place a meter when you're 40 feet up in the air on a scissor lift...

Exactly

Is there a magnetic option for the T5-600? Imho the best electricians meter for the price.

I thought you would have attempted to weld one on already. Also I agree with you on the value of that meter. I think fluke expects people to just clip one probe in the holder, even though it's not always an option. Again here I go complaining about fluke.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2016 at 0:11 PM, Kato said:

We wouldn't be men if we didn't buy things we didn't need. Also, you won't know if you don't need it if you don't buy it. Wives will tell us that if we don't need it, we shouldn't buy it.

I say...how am I supposed to know if I don't need it if I don't have it? If I don't have it, I won't know I need it until I don't have it. If I have it and don't need it, at least it's there for when I might need it.

wow, I think I just overloaded my brain, I gotta go lay down...

That was some deep thinking haha, my brain is slowly winding down from that, like an old bench grinder

On 12/18/2016 at 0:40 PM, NicolasRamos said:

Hey I ordered an oxx coffee box and I knew I didn't need it! Also ordered some of those power in motion batteries for my m12 hoodie, that Knarlycarl posted a while back. I convinced myself I needed those.

Good man!!  :D

Let us know how you like the oxboxx. how you keep the kcups handy and how quick you go through the water in a day or if you have access to refill

On 12/19/2016 at 6:44 PM, MikeyB said:

Decided to pull the trigger on a Boss 7 Ton electric log splitter today. Also ordered the 4 way splitter atatchement for it as well

What were you using before?

• Like 1

What were you using before?

I'm estimating only going through 2 cups a day. I've been trying to cut down. (Maybe I should not have bought it!)
I'm planning on taking it along on vacation in Cloudcroft NM.
A friend is letting us use his cabin, and we're gonna stay there a week.
I have a weatherguard center console in my Transit, so I think I'll be keeping the Kcups there.
Also I always carry water in the van.

• Like 1