What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

8 hours ago, Nordraw said:

I saw these at Lowes on Sunday and picked them up. Fit right into one of my storage cabinets shelves. Seem like pretty good quality for the price. Like that they came with a foam organizer that has them all labeled.  

IMG_0339.JPG

Make sure you check the alignment of the shafts to the handle, two of mine were misaligned...others reported several, some had none that were misaligned.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

Carhartt counts as tools right?
... right?
I went to Home Depot a few times this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh yeah they do!!

Jewelry box??!!

Oh wait, no its not, even better!

IMG_20161205_181803779

IMG_20161205_181846976

Deal of the day, about time I got myself a nice smaller set of torx keys...

• Like 5

My table saw stand came today. I can't tell you have happy I am to get this thing on a proper stand. Garage is kinda messy right now, but it's just going to have to stay that way until after Christmas 

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

Got the 780 all set up too. It's really trying to become my favorite tool. I'd keep it in the living room if Mrs. Conductor would let me ?

IMG_6708.JPG

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

My table saw stand came today. I can't tell you have happy I am to get this thing on a proper stand. Garage is kinda messy right now, but it's just going to have to stay that way until after Christmas 

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

Got the 780 all set up too. It's really trying to become my favorite tool. I'd keep it in the living room if Mrs. Conductor would let me ?

IMG_6708.JPG

They do look quite lovely as a nice centerpiece haha

• Like 2

fab9638ccc7fc1c62c215284e911fbe2.jpg
Well this showed up today! My 2703 is experiencing some intermittent power loss. Already checked the battery's. it's the actual drill. And my old 2602 snapped the it's chuck screw last week. I'll send the two off on Thursday.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NicolasRamos said:

Well this showed up today! My 2703 is experiencing some intermittent power loss. Already checked the battery's. it's the actual drill. And my old 2602 snapped the it's chuck screw last week. I'll send the two off on Thursday.

Very nice man have never heard of chuck screws

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

They do look quite lovely as a nice centerpiece haha

Lot more yellow in my life here lately. I guess the tool world is just too big to have just one color.

Thats a 744 Type 1 saw. It's at least 15 years old and still cuts like a champ. The blade height crank is pretty still and needs a good clean and lube, but I definitely can't complain. I don't even want to venture a guess how many boards we've ripped with that saw. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

1 minute ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Very nice man have never heard of chuck screws

Bolt that holds the chuck to the shaft...

That's ridiculous though, guy at work has a 2602 i think and his broke, too. 

Hope you get worthwhile use from the OneKey set

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

Thats weird, my 2602 almost lost it's chuck screw running a 1-1/4" spade bit through landscaping timbers. It started getting rough. I re-tightened the bit and it still did it. Once I figured out what it was, I put it back in with blue loctite and haven't had an issue since, but there's no doubt in my mind it would have snapped if I hadn't noticed it quickly.

• Like 1

Bolt that holds the chuck to the shaft...

That's ridiculous though, guy at work has a 2602 i think and his broke, too. 

Hope you get worthwhile use from the OneKey set

Yeah the bolt that's what I meant!

Man this is literally the third time this has happened on this same 2602 drill! I might give it to my helper as soon as it comes back!

I wasn't planning on buying a onekey set actually. I was going to buy the surge with the two 2.0's. I missed the Black Friday deal to get a free tool with this kit, on account of running out of spending coin last week. Still $375 wasn't bad. And I needed a drill after the other two took a crap last week. The gen1 fuel still technically works, it's just a bear to use right now.

Thats weird, my 2602 almost lost it's chuck screw running a 1-1/4" spade bit through landscaping timbers. It started getting rough. I re-tightened the bit and it still did it. Once I figured out what it was, I put it back in with blue loctite and haven't had an issue since, but there's no doubt in my mind it would have snapped if I hadn't noticed it quickly.

Strangely enough, my father broke the chuck bolt of his 2703 on Saturday! He was using a 7" long 7/8"Bosch daredevil auger through a couple 2x6's and hit a gnarly knot I guess. So between the two of us we have 3 out of commission m18 hammer/drivers

58 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

IMG_6706.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6708.JPG

You just saved your back with these 2 bro I have the same set ups and am very happy with them, the mitersaw with the stand is a lil on the heavy side but It makes life is so much easier transferring and storing the 780 beast

• Like 2

On 12/5/2016 at 8:32 PM, BMack37 said:

Make sure you check the alignment of the shafts to the handle, two of mine were misaligned...others reported several, some had none that were misaligned.

I'll do that. I didn't really pay attention to that, That could be a deal killer.