What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

39 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

Well, these arrived today:

I go out of my way to buy a Made-In-USA product, with high hopes, and as soon as I get them into the rack I can see the Phillips shafts are crooked. You can see it in the picture (look at the two longest Phillips).  I'm not sure if they're molded that way or just bent, but either way I'm very disappointed. Someone at Channellock doesn't care if his job goes to China. 

These were bought from Circle C Supply in Bazine, KS. I called them and they're sending out a replacement set, but if this is a manufacturing defect, and I think it is,  I have no reason to expect the replacements to be any better. Circle C didn't sound happy about it but they didn't argue. 

Made in USA. >:(

It's the way it is with the USA acetate screwdrivers man, glad they're helping you out. It's kind of a crapshoot if you get decent ones. Husky and Craftsman are also USA acetate.

19 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

I hope you're wearing your protective gear while you're using your tool. 

Of course, you always take the time to put on your protection or you could end up at the doctor and could end up with a messed up tool.

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

Of course, you always take the time to put on your protection or you could end up at the doctor and could end up with a messed up tool.

I trust you don't have too many bent shaft problems with those woodies.

Saw this on "Toolguyd" and thought it looked like a good knife to have on the work bench and decided to order it from Amazon. Got it yesterday and it is a pretty cool knife for a cheap price that will be a nice addition to the garage work bench. I noticed after I ordered this one that they have a 125 year addition for a couple of bucks more that is the same knife with some special branding. I would have got that had I not got this one and still might. Anyway it's a nice little knife at a good price. 

IMG_0828 (1).JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Ace Hardware, each item was $2.99. As far as I know sale is nationwide:

UQEcCIo.jpg

Links and pricing for deals can be found here: https://slickdeals.net/f/10227216-ace-hardware-stores-select-craftsman-hand-tools-2-99-and-9-99-through-june-19-2017?src=catpagev2

Jumped on this deal.  I got what you got, except I got the spring clamps instead of the torpedo level.  Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Lookee lookee what I got today:

IMG_20170608_215656.thumb.jpg.4095e371ab3834612f953c26fc5ca0a1.jpg

IMG_20170608_215853.thumb.jpg.7ef35bcb04ee248531ea64951fdda0ee.jpg

You're probably thinking, so what?  It's a basic angle grinder.  But the thing is I have never owned one before, and for a stupid, stupid reason: I thought they were expensive.  I had never priced one.

This one was stupid cheap: $36 at Lowe's.  I don't have a particular use for it right now but for that price it's nice to have it on hand.  And it has a case, which is a big deal for me.  Even if I burn this one out, I will have a box to put the next one in. 

IMG_20170608_215813.jpg

IMG_20170608_215931.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dwasifar said:

Jumped on this deal.  I got what you got, except I got the spring clamps instead of the torpedo level.  Thanks for the tip.

I thought about getting those but I have three spring clamps and the other type of similar clamp by Irwin...and loads of locking pliers. At work I have a ton of them too. I always seem to misplace my levels so I buy them when I see a deal...then I find the one I lost.

Honestly, as much as I dislike acetate screwdrivers, the Craftsman are pretty good...especially at the HF pricing this deal is at. The oddball is the stubby [which is a little long for a stubby (that's what she said)] screwdriver, it's a PH1, that should be pretty useful when the problem arises. I think they're made by Western Forge.

7 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I thought about getting those but I have three spring clamps and the other type of similar clamp by Irwin...and loads of locking pliers. At work I have a ton of them too. I always seem to misplace my levels so I buy them when I see a deal...then I find the one I lost.

Honestly, as much as I dislike acetate screwdrivers, the Craftsman are pretty good...especially at the HF pricing this deal is at. The oddball is the stubby [which is a little long for a stubby (that's what she said)] screwdriver, it's a PH1, that should be pretty useful when the problem arises. I think they're made by Western Forge.

I might sell the replacement set of Channellock screwdrivers instead of opening them, and build a Craftsman set instead around these purchases to go in that custom rack I made.

• Like 1

Today I picked up the things BMack pointed me to at Ace.  I got the same USA screwdriver sets and USA framing square he did, plus these spring clamps:

593afafe367ac_Screenshotat2017-06-0914-45-52.png.ce008beb6aa18c1d8b59841ed70e4b47.png

I adapted the screwdriver rack originally built to hold the Channelock screwdrivers to hold the Craftsman drivers instead:

IMG_20170609_141518.thumb.jpg.451afc3dea65b8d1f638517193e52862.jpg

This means I'm not going to keep the Channellock set, for which a replacement is already on the way to me.  If anyone's interested in a sealed new 10-piece set of USA Channellock acetate drivers, PM me.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Ace Hardware, each item was $2.99. As far as I know sale is nationwide:

UQEcCIo.jpg

Links and pricing for deals can be found here: https://slickdeals.net/f/10227216-ace-hardware-stores-select-craftsman-hand-tools-2-99-and-9-99-through-june-19-2017?src=catpagev2

That square is F-ing awesome..... That reminds me I should go grab 3 more...

• Like 1

Keep forgetting to take a picture of mine, but i bought this recently from the giveaway on IG awhile back:

it's 21" long to help give you perspective, it's a whole new type of wrench for me and i can see why it's popular in Europe.

32970_37b164f9-0b2c-4916-9e38-d73bd20e8b

..https://www.kctoolco.com/wiha-32972-2-6-s-jaw-pipe-wrench/

I like it better than a standard pipe wrench for many reasons!

• Like 2