Acme tools

chrismccabe484

Now I need some more powerful tools as I will be starting boces next year I hopefully will be moving to the red side don't have a lot of cash at The moment but are the tools great for the buck in this kit 802322a18adf27abe6a2e3c7c0a7ace0.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What's boces? Sorry I don't understand the acronym. If thats what it is.

Millerz

Now I need some more powerful tools as I will be starting boces next year I hopefully will be moving to the red side don't have a lot of cash at The moment but are the tools great for the buck in this kit 802322a18adf27abe6a2e3c7c0a7ace0.jpg

Chris, a good buy. And yes welcome to the red side hehe. Just note these are older models, that I'm sure they are looking to unload. You can always give them a call and drop the old TIA I saw your company name mentioned and can you do a little better on price approach. You would be surprised this works more then not.

Chris, a good buy. And yes welcome to the red side hehe. Just note these are older models, that I'm sure they are looking to unload. You can always give them a call and drop the old TIA I saw your company name mentioned and can you do a little better on price approach. You would be surprised this works more then not.

That's cool I might do that get the price down a little lower or I was thinking about the ridgid gen5 kit but I don't know that's why I use the forum to help with these decisions

don't kid your self when a web site lists MSRP beside their sale price......these kits are not selling anywhere else for $1999 either.

it just looks like your getting a way better deal, kinda like mattresses, have you every seen a mattress sell for full price.....no they are always advertised as reg.$3499 on for $1100 yet that is all they are worth

But should I do the ridgid gen 5 or this Milwaukee kit I'm stuck in the middle because of ridgids warranty but millwaukes innovation

You know I'm always gonna default and stick with Milwaukee but I won't blame you if you already are started with one brand and stick with it so batteries swap around.

Ridgid calls theres a lifetime service plan or whatever so not exactly sure on the whole "warranty" I was planning on checking into that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You know I'm always gonna default and stick with Milwaukee but I won't blame you if you already are started with one brand and stick with it so batteries swap around.

Ridgid calls theres a lifetime service plan or whatever so not exactly sure on the whole "warranty" I was planning on checking into that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ya I think they hired some smart lawyers to write up their life time warranty thingy so they cover their own ass 99% of the time......as soon as a tool is used or dirty it can fall into the " abused" category very easily.....

I wouldn't buy Ridgid tools solely on the warranty it has to be a tool no other brand makes a better one or they are the only brand that makes it or it was a smoking deal.......but that's just me........don't get me wrong I have some ridgid tools in my shop and I have been happy with them.....

• Like 2

But should I do the ridgid gen 5 or this Milwaukee kit I'm stuck in the middle because of ridgids warranty but millwaukes innovation

That's a tuff choice Chris. I personally own m12 and m18 lines and love them so far. Ridgids is stepping up their game with gx5 brushless and new stealth force brushless. Plus ridgids "lifetime warranty" is other plus to. Either way you go your gonna get a great tool line.

Look at it this way Chris, start with a brand of good tools, that's being Milwaukee, DeWalt or Ridgid and grow from there. Buy the kit that gives you the most versatility for the money. We all started there, that's what makes us tool nuts, tool junkies. We may be loyal to a brand, but we own multiples as time goes on. If it were me, and the tools in the Milwaukee kit all fit your need, then go for it. And never regret your decision. My two cents.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/206127576

That for $149 is crazy (that price is in most stores).  Who cares about the LSA when the tools are so cheap.

What kills Ridgid is the small lineup.  The big brands are really the only option for someone doing serious work though just because other brands don't have the necessary tools.  Sure you can get by without a certain tool, but you never see a professional trying to get by with just a framing hammer when they do finish work.

Edit: Since the page refreshed and lost my post I forgot why I brought up Ridgid.  When you're looking at getting into a cordless line it looks like the best tools you can get on a budget are the newest from a cheap brand rather than old ones from a good brand, but that will cause problems later when you decide to upgrade tools and need to switch platforms.  I also recommend if you don't need all those tools now, buy a smaller kit of better tools.  It'll cost much less in the long run if you don't start out with outdated tools.

Like everyone said, take a look at your needs and what your willing to spend. Take into account expansion over the years and figure out what color is going to be your best bet. Once you do that then you realize you want it all and one day you wake up and you wade your way through a sea of different brand battery chargers and multi colored work bags. Then someone posts a deal on a fein drill, "I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it" even though you have three cordless hammer drills and 4 compact drills you buy it justify in you need it for the truck...

Don't matter what you buy your going to desire more, but jump on them deals.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Chris, just for ease of mind, Ridgids lifetime service agreement is actually a great deal. You have to....

1- Buy your Ridgid Tools from Home Depot

2- Send your UPC from the box and receipt of purchase to Ridgid.

Once you do this.....that's it. And.....it actually works. I have had to use this service before, twice actually. No some may say that is a sign of poor craftsmanship and they may be right but....I have had three BRAND NEW Milwaukee tools that failed. No Milwaukee and Ridgid are both owned by TTI but truthfully the difference in my opinion is this;

Getting Ridgid to replace both batteries required some leg work on my part.

Getting Mileaukee to replace my tools? A call. No postage, just a trip with a prepaid mail slip to UPS.

Ridgids warranty though requires some leg work is forever. At least that's what they say. Milwaukees warranty does end. But to this day, the best warranty experience I have is hands down with Milwaukee. I don't own any cordless Milwaukee tools any longer and though I like the product, having three failures made me nervous. The other tools I have had were 100% high end tools and my brother is a pro and loves his Milwaukee tools. He switched from Dewalt to Milwaukee. I kind of am all over the place.

That Ridgid deal you posted has me really.....REALLY....thinking about going there. I will say this, Ridgids line in my opinion is a pro grade tool. But they don't have the variety of tools that Makita, Bosch, Dewalt or Milwaukee or even Ryobi offer. My biggest complaint with Milwaukee....not a lot of woodworking tools. But....like Milwaukee, Ridgid's line is steadily growing with some very innovative tools, 18v sander, brushless nailers, a planer..... Milwaukee? They are huge trades specific and electricians and plumbers have so much to chose from from big red that it's probably confusing. But it looks like they're catching up.

I will close by saying this....if your a hobbyist like me, changing lines is like changing t shirts. Once they start to smell? Get a new one.

Oh! One more thing to your original question. I purchased the Dewalt DCF887 impact kit from them. I realized, I don't need any more cordless tools....I need a big honking stationary sander. I called Acme to cancel my order and they were AWESOME. No problems. Try doing that with a big box store. I will buy from them with no hesitation the way a first time cancel / purchase / customer had to deal with them.

• Like 1

That's why my brothers company switched to Milwaukee from Dewalt. Plus he just got the new Fuel Hole Hawg. He's in red Heaven now.

His most used Milwaukee...the pro pex expander.

If I need a pro pex expander.....I've got a serious problem.

• Like 1

Oh! One more thing to your original question. I purchased the Dewalt DCF887 impact kit from them. I realized, I don't need any more cordless tools....I need a big honking stationary sander. I called Acme to cancel my order and they were AWESOME. No problems. Try doing that with a big box store. I will buy from them with no hesitation the way a first time cancel / purchase / customer had to deal with them.

How you liking that 887, pretty nice eh?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk