Circuit breaker finder

John Glassey

Well I just came across an article on the ToolGuyd's site that was very interesting. Seams that the circuit breaker finder I had recently purchased from the Home Depot, has an identical twin living at Harbor Freight. I bought the Klein breaker finder, model number ET300. post-28671-0-42896800-1452753659.jpeg $41.37. And what the ToolGuyd found out was, the company that manufactures the tool for Klein, also makes Un-branded ones for other companies. The Harbor Freight model, number 96934 post-28671-0-01560100-1452753940_thumb.p are the same, it retails for $ 39.99, but is always on sale for $18.99, and with a coupon is even less. If you get a chance and you want to check out the article, here it is. http://toolguyd.com/klein-breaker-finder-and-hi-tech-circuit-detective-identical/

Cheers

John

• Like 1

I saw this too,very interesting. I dont go to harbor freight often but i may have to go scope these out. There is a new Harbor Freight like 15 mins away. HF website lists it as $18.99 for me. II told the wifey I want one :)    I actually need one of these too,kinda ironic. 

• Like 1

I saw this too,very interesting. I dont go to harbor freight often but i may have to go scope these out. There is a new Harbor Freight like 15 mins away. HF website lists it as $18.99 for me. II told the wifey I want one :)    I actually need one of these too,kinda ironic.

Yeah, I have the Klein one! And I love it. It has saved me a lot of time tracking down breakers. Just thought I seen this and spread the word so some can say a few bucks if they were in the market for one.

Not directly related to this, but I recently purchased a home that was built in 59 and I have 3 light switches in the hallway that I can't figure out what they go to. Is there any tool similar to this but for a light switch that will tell me what circuit it's going to?