Choosing the right blade for my dws780

Turner85

So it's time to upgrade from the stock blade and while shopping around I've become more confused as to which blades to buy. Two brands I have in mind are stehle and freud (europe). I'm going to link two ebay ads and hope someone can advise me if these are the best blades I'll get for the price range. All advice appreciated.

hello, I am in Europe too 30mm is our standard bore. Therefore the bushing adaptors  wont work as US standard bore is 1 inch/25mm. I also personally don't think they are the best solution.  I have spoken to Freud and they tell me that the Diablo and Freud blades are made to the same standard (bar the industrial Freud blades)  only downside for us is that Freud is priced a lot higher!! :( Diablo is the US version of Freud it doesn't exist in Europe. hope that helps.

I'd say buy a 20mm from here and bore it out to 30mm but thats just me......

I have to disagree... if you go to the expense of buying a good well balanced flat blade that's laser cut and all that stuff would you not be completely defeating the purpose if you go ahead are bore the hole bigger you would never be that accurate?

That's only my personal thoughts and am willing to be told differently?

Cutting edges are wear money should be spent, it sucks dishing out high dollars for a good blade or bits by they are worth it in the long one when they out last cheaper competition.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said! It shows every time. A cheap saw with a good blade is far superior to good saw cheap blade!!

Cutting edges are wear money should be spent, it sucks dishing out high dollars for a good blade or bits by they are worth it in the long one when they out last cheaper competition.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said! It shows every time. A cheap saw with a good blade is far superior to good saw cheap blade!!