Combining Dewalt DCD785C2 drill/driver & DCF880 impact wrench in same case

enigma-2

Gentlemen, this is my first post so please forgive me if I ask this wrong.

I currently own a Dewalt DCD785C2 drill/driver (20-volt Max drill, 2 small batteries, charger and case. No product number on the case that I could find.)

My question is, if I were to purchase a Dewalt DCF880 1/2" 20-volt impact wrench, if it would fit in the left hand side of the case (that the DCD785 drill/driver came with?)

It "looks" like there's enough space, and I see where Dewalt bundles a combo with their 1/4" impact driver, but never with the 1/2" wrench. (The length of both tools are listed and seem similar, but no mention of width or depth.)

It would be nice to be able to keep both tools together and not have two different cases to worry about (not to mention I would be able to get by just buying a bare tool and using my existing charger & 3 ah battery).

You know Dennis that's a good question. According to,the specs. The dcf880 is 5.70" width and the dcf885 that normally is paired with that kit is 5.55" and the length is for the dcf880 is 7.25", and the dcf885 is 7.5" So it should fit? Good luck. :).

Well that reinforces my confidence. Believe I'll go ahead and grab one.

Thanks for the advice. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you for your welcome's. Yup, I was thinking that I could either use a Dremmel or duct tape and make it fit. LOL

I tend to think what Glasseyi was saying, the dimensions seem to be close enough to get it to fit. Will be ordering the tool this weekend, will let everyoine know how it turns out.

• Like 2

Pro and com. I have a Craftsman corded grinder, works great, but requires dragging out a heavy extension cord and rewinding when finished.

Li ion you just start using, but limited power and time. All-in-all, I would rather use Li ion.

(Have a bunch of NiCad love to get rid of. Bunches of dead NiCad batteries as well.) LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Okay gentlemen, I bought the Dewalt 20v impact wrench and I'm happy to report that it fits perfectly in the Dewalt 20v drill/impact driver case (along with the drill/driver).

The case also accommodates the charger, (1) 3 Ah & (2) 1.5 Ah batteries, some bits and adapters.

The 1/2" drill/driver is a DCD785 & the 1/2" impact wrench is the DCF880. Could not find a model number on the case.

• Like 1

Thank you for your welcome's. Yup, I was thinking that I could either use a Dremmel or duct tape and make it fit. LOL

I tend to think what Glasseyi was saying, the dimensions seem to be close enough to get it to fit. Will be ordering the tool this weekend, will let everyoine know how it turns out.

I like the way you think

Goat

Okay gentlemen, I bought the Dewalt 20v impact wrench and I'm happy to report that it fits perfectly in the Dewalt 20v drill/impact driver case (along with the drill/driver).

The case also accommodates the charger, (1) 3 Ah & (2) 1.5 Ah batteries, some bits and adapters.

The 1/2" drill/driver is a DCD785 & the 1/2" impact wrench is the DCF880. Could not find a model number on the case.

We need pics.......[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

DeWalt

Sorry, meant to add that the drill/driver with 1500 mAh battery is on the right, the 1/2" impact wrench with 3 Ah battery is on the left, battery charger with addl battery below is in the center. Extra bits and adapters thrown in. Much easier to maintain this way.

Sorry, meant to add that the drill/driver with 1500 mAh battery is on the right, the 1/2" impact wrench with 3 Ah battery is on the left, battery charger with addl battery below is in the center. Extra bits and adapters thrown in. Much easier to maintain this way.

So glad to see it worked out for you. Looks good. Thank you for the pics. [emoji3]

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]