Tax time

jswoger1986

I think I would go with a table saw. But it depends if you can make sleds to do cuts with the table saw like the miter saw can make. And do you rip stuff more than you cut and miter. Like I can use a skill saw to make cuts just as good as a miter saw. But short repetitive cuts the miter saw can do it faster. There's a lot of variables in this question. Good luck. Just buy both. On the credit card. Lol

Millerz

• Like 2

At the end of the day both are equally important I will probably go with the mitersaw first. c512aad55e6755e98adfab531e1a4ceb.jpg this is the one I was looking at the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're looking at a 12", you might as well spend the extra $100 and get a slider. I'm in the go big or go compact camp - nothing in between.

I would love to do that but my tool budget is pretty low and with everything I need to buy in such a short time I could use the extra $100 to buy a compact router or the rigid jobmax or something I'm only going looking at a 12" so I have the clearance to miter taller base against the fence. I wish I could afford a 12"slide though. Someday I will

At the end of the day both are equally important I will probably go with the mitersaw first. this is the one I was looking at the other day

im looking at a new miter saw. I have a hitachi 10" but want to get a slider. looking at this one. If you have a menards id give it a look. It is compact and a lot of saw for the money. 

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/power-tools-accessories/power-saws-accessories/masterforce-10-compact-slide-miter-saw/p-1444444181123-c-9082.htm?tid=8060013927349077236

I've never seen anything about that brand I'll have to do some research it's the same price as the one I put the picture up of

it is Menards tool brand. lots of tools made in USA with a great warranty. Think Ryobi for home depot, kobalt for lowes. I have played around with it a few times and it is really nice.

Ok cool thanks for the tip

agreed with what was said earlier. I visit all 3, lowes, hd, menards for different reasons. Some stores offer better selections than others on certain things. I visit the one that fits my needs better during that time. 

Also whenever Menards runs a 11% rebate, HD will match it with a mail in rebate of their own. So if HD has something you want from lets say Dewalt or milwaukee that Menards doesnt sell (they dont sell those brands) you can get money back for store credit which is nice.