What is your go to chisel?

Stercorarius

I'm looking to round off my tools with a nice chisel. It isn't for woodworking, more of a construction oriented piece. I've been looking at the irwin set http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ABC293S/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1456115913&sr=8-7π=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=irwin+chisel&th=1&psc=1 here. Definitely want the tang to go all the way through. I'm also looking at the DeWalt but the serrated edge looks like it would catch on a tool belt.

Menards has a set of Irwin high impacts on sale for 20 bucks and some change, 3 piece set, I'm also looking into getting a set of Stanley Bailey chisels. I have a dewalt sides trick that's real nice. Very sharp tore my hand open when I got it

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Menards has a set of Irwin high impacts on sale for 20 bucks and some change, 3 piece set, I'm also looking into getting a set of Stanley Bailey chisels. I have a dewalt sides trick that's real nice. Very sharp tore my hand open when I got it

Jimbo

Wish I had a Menards more now.

Jimbo

Just looked up those Stanley's and it reminds me how much I want to get back into woodworking. I just need to button up my project vehicle first.

My first hammer I got when I was maybe four was a fuller, still have it. I'll have to look into those chisels.

Seriously man first hammer I got from my grandpa was a Plumb, I've lost it and probably three others since lol you must have kept good track of it

• Like 1

The irwin marple high-impact chisels combined with the Tormek T4/T7 and you got yourself insanely sharp and good chisels. Just remember to set a higher sharping-angle if you are to use it for construction and a steel hammer. 

Just got the flat edge sharpening attachement today, and took my chisels for a spin. :D Very impressed. Much sharper than brand new. But the 20 degree angle might be a bit lower than orginaly. 

• Like 1