Ladder truck video

JimboS1ice

At work tonight we did some training with the neighboring towns ladder truck, not the best video but we were about 65 feet up during the video, at 95 ft it was too dark for video but this is still pretty cool, sorry it's a vertical video but winds were blowing and I wasn dropping my phone that one would be a good one to explain to att.

https://vimeo.com/156508384

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I've been thinking about volunteering ever since the fires here in Washington got really really bad this last summer and two summers ago. Just out of curiosity, what is the process like?

Mostly carries, volunteer or paid on call is fairly simple usually consists of an interview, physical ability test and a screening at the doctors testing lung capacity drugs and what not...

Once that's cleared your training begins and never ends!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, PROTOOLNUT said:

Well, please excuse me if I am ignorant of this. But is not the point of going up, to also go back down? I think somebody forgot to put a go back down button. Wait, so your saying were stuck up here? Well ya, at least the view is nice. Your shittin me Jimbo, your really shittin me. I am getting paid 12 dollars an hour for this? Well look at it this way, when they get us back down we can tell them that you saw an alien UFO.

Actually there is not auto park button.  There is a control console on the platform and on the tower platform.  There is a speaker to comunicae between both consoles are a power transfer button.  Once the latter is raised an extended high enough from the truck, the controls are transferred to the platform operator.  There the computer tells you height, angle, whether the rungs are aligned, tip weight, (he he), it will alert you for unsafe rotation conditions.  When we were up 95 feet the computer had a red light for rotation until we hit about 60 ft, that was a windy night right before out snow storm we just had.  

1 minute ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Poor Jimbo, you didn't deserve that BS. lol Too bad there wasn't an emergency lower and park button, that rig so needs that

for 1.2 million dollar vehicle you would think, but then if the ladder is extended between some obstacles i could see why, but use it at your discretion

• Like 1

Just now, PROTOOLNUT said:

Lung capacity? What do they think your going to do, be launched from a Saturn 5 rocket, not pass out, and land on the moon, and make it for the return trip again? You have better luck actually joining Nasa for that kind of testing.

how deep you can hold in a bong hit

• Like 1