GCM12sd Compound Mitre saw

Trident167

Yep I have the saw. Its a beast and I love it. the T4B is a must when you want to haul it around. Its pretty heavy.

the dust chute needs a few modifications but otherwise its a amazing saw.

the a little table on the extension arms is very helpful. Attached a picture from a quick and easy one haha.

Still gotta build a proper one.

0221151527.JPG

0226151406.JPG

0226151810.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/23/2016 at 1:32 PM, madman_us said:

Yep I have the saw. Its a beast and I love it. the T4B is a must when you want to haul it around. Its pretty heavy.

the dust chute needs a few modifications but otherwise its a amazing saw.

the a little table on the extension arms is very helpful. Attached a picture from a quick and easy one haha.

Still gotta build a proper one.

0221151527.JPG

0226151406.JPG

0226151810.JPG

The table on the extension is perfect.

Anything on the saw you wish was different? Something that after a while becomes a pet peeve.

I haven't used one but it feels solid and looks like a great saw.

I bought one last October. I did have to exchange it for a new one. The first saw I bought a bad clicking noise that could be heard between the arbor and the belt pulley. The 2nd one had minor things that were different so I think the old one had sat in the store for a long time. The second saw I have zero issues with other than the weight.

Right now I have it on a Ron Paulk miter bench that I built. The bench is great other than it's sagging in the center from the weight of the saw. I bought the saw and built the bench for a 8 month job. As soon as it's over I plan on getting the T4B stand that I will add 8' wings with some t slot and stops. 

Forgot to mention the blade that it comes with is a Chinese blade that would be ok for rough cutting. I have a Freud industrial 90 tooth on it now and again no issues with it. For a time however I did have a Bosch 80th blade from Menards on it that had bad vibration. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have one. I recently upgraded to it from my old craftsman sliding miter saw. I am 18, and have my own woodworking business. I have had the Bosch Saw for about 5 months now. I love it. I put it on a movable rolling table I made, and I just roll it around the shop. It is very sturdy and I know it will last forever with care. It is a great investment. I have no complaints. The dust collection is great with a shop vac connected, you won't have to spend any time. It catches 95% of dust. If you just have the bag, their will be dust after you have finished your job on the floor, but catches about 80% of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't agree with you taylorv1. the dust collection kinda is a disappointment with the stock dust chute.

bosch should have made the chute longer. even with a vac attached it doesnt collect all.

You can add the festool kapex dust chute (apron) and you will see its day and night. Or even a homemade longer version works.

• Like 1

haha comp :D ok I would not call it nothing :D but they should improve the dust chute to make it more efficient.

I don't have the festool kapex chute yet but I might get one....I heard from 3 guys already that it works like a charm

Hear a video from a guy I know.

• Like 2

That's too bad they skimped on the dust chute, but cool that someone made modification to get it to work for them!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I know, seems like on a saw that price a little tweak to the dust chute would have been pretty minor and would have made a world of difference.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk