Milwaukee Gen 2 Impact

JimboS1ice

6 hours ago, Dano123 said:

It should sink those lags you have way faster than your drill did, I use my impacts for almost everything.

1/2" lags are taxing on smaller 1/4" hex impacts, even my shiny 887 drives them lags a little sluggish but it will keep impacting instead of twisting your arm off.  My gen 2 drill flies them larger lags no problem, much quicker, he has the gen 1 which still does a quality job.  When i have to use larger lags i reach for my HT 1/2" impact, now that thing drives the shit out of a lag with 700 pounds of torque which is equal to 8400 inch pounds... equal to the power of 11 of the gen 1 drills or about 6 standard impacts. If I'm on a ladder or holding something up I would much rather have an impact in my hand!

• Like 2

I figured that would be the cost to ship it considering that it probably weighs 5 pounds. So thats  25 plus 18 to ship, so thats a total of 45 dollars out the door, no bad. If you had charged 80 for the tool, then the shipping would have been a deal breaker for me lol.

And I also wanted to point out how fair you are being. Not only did you allow me to come around to my sences and buy the tool from you, but your also willing to make sure I receive it first before payment. Your a cool dude Regopit.

Curious, what made you want to sell this for so cheap in teh first place? I am just glad you did because my money is tight now days. So again thankyou! [emoji4]

I think we all want to see you get your hands on an impact because you have yet to experience the awesome that comes with one!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I think we all want to see you get your hands on an impact because you have yet to experience the awesome that comes with one!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

yes an impact is a different animal compared to a drill.......

• Like 1

1/2" lags are taxing on smaller 1/4" hex impacts, even my shiny 887 drives them lags a little sluggish but it will keep impacting instead of twisting your arm off.  My gen 2 drill flies them larger lags no problem, much quicker, he has the gen 1 which still does a quality job.  When i have to use larger lags i reach for my HT 1/2" impact, now that thing drives the shit out of a lag with 700 pounds of torque which is equal to 8400 inch pounds... equal to the power of 11 of the gen 1 drills or about 6 standard impacts. If I'm on a ladder or holding something up I would much rather have an impact in my hand!

I use 5/16" x 3.5" construction lags all the time and my impact drives them in fast without flinching. I want the HT impact though, that thing looks awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I use 5/16" x 3.5" construction lags all the time and my impact drives them in fast without flinching. I want the HT impact though, that thing looks awesome

5/16" are fairly smaller in diameter in the world of lags most screws are around 3/16"

Yes, I meant 7/16". My bad

44cfe2cf57791e08d3170f7b3e1df6f5.jpg59e4614795364b8db983a9a2e843357f.jpg

Well, I guess they were 5/16. I use those a lot, the 3.5" are cheaper than other sizes, even smaller so I always get them.

17 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

SPAX style lags run a lot easier than old fashioned lags.  Of course that is one of the big selling points and part of the design.  They work well within the intended operational area of impact drivers whereas regular lags really need something bigger.

Yes, they have that zinc? coating on them

Its funny that you mentioned that Jimbo. I have a dark side to me, if anyone physically wrongs me in any way, or breaks in and tries to steal my shit, you will learn why they call me the doctor when it comes to power tools. Because I will perform an operation you will never forget.

And yes I will be impacting everything I see. [emoji6]

I knew there was a lose nut in there... Jk. Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk