Is it true Milwaukee are known for poor quality tools?

JcDino

Quality has nothing to do with that.  Dewalt is owned by Stanley Black & Decker which also manufacturers Porter Cable and Black and Decker tools.  Bosch is a bit tricky because the actually owning company is also Bosch but they also manufacture Skil and I think some others.  Makita is just Makita to the best of my knowledge but they instead put out the low end tools under the same name and battery line and leave it up to users to distinguish the quality tools.

In general a lot of tool brands are owned by large conglomerates and in some cases many even under different ownership will market rebranded tools from a single manufacturer.  You really have the judge the tools individually.

8 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Quality has nothing to do with that.  Dewalt is owned by Stanley Black & Decker which also manufacturers Porter Cable and Black and Decker tools.  Bosch is a bit tricky because the actually owning company is also Bosch but they also manufacture Skil and I think some others.  Makita is just Makita to the best of my knowledge but they instead put out the low end tools under the same name and battery line and leave it up to users to distinguish the quality tools.

In general a lot of tool brands are owned by large conglomerates and in some cases many even under different ownership will market rebranded tools from a single manufacturer.  You really have the judge the tools individually.

Thx for the comment. Yea you are right it's just I heard that Milwaukee tools are always being repaired that's what led to my assumption

You are setting yourself up.  Milwaukee has a die hard following.

I would say the Milwaukee tools I bought 25 years ago, were not very good quality.  Most lasted less than a year or two.  I think they are better now, than then.  In fact, I don't think I have a single Milwaukee tool from then.  

I think all tools have their fair share of repairs.

1 hour ago, builditguy said:

You are setting yourself up.  Milwaukee has a die hard following.

I would say the Milwaukee tools I bought 25 years ago, were not very good quality.  Most lasted less than a year or two.  I think they are better now, than then.  In fact, I don't think I have a single Milwaukee tool from then.  

I think all tools have their fair share of repairs.

and yet back a little further in the late 70's and thru the 80's Milwaukee was untouchable along with Porter Cable....those tools were on top of their game.....in the industrial shop I worked at Makita was always getting sent out for repairs........

Thx for the comment. Yea you are right it's just I heard that Milwaukee tools are always being repaired that's what led to my assumption

Well you know what they say when you assume, makes an a** out of you and me, but mainly you right now. No personal experience on your part? Doesnt give you much credibility.... just saying. Ok ok sorry I'm just giving you a hard time, welcome aboard! ?

As you.might have guessed, I am partial to Milwaukee but I would say that about any brand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Funny to see this post. In the shop i work in the boys swear by snap on power tool and clown on my Milwaukee gear, but seems to me that tti makes SO tools as well. They both have a lot of similarities. Here's an example. So in my opinion, Milwaukee has great quality and they back it up with the best warranty on the market.3f2a9098360ff59a317b4c94e6267c48.jpg056f5daf39f9bd81242f906257fdb276.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

TTI is the parent company of Milwaukee and (AEG) or RIDGID along with special licence agreement with Ryobi, Hoover, Dirt Devil .....

I believe you may have a few mixed up.

It is my understanding that TTi owns Milwaukee and Ryobi but manufacturers certain tools under a license agreement with RIDGID as RIDGID is its own wholly owned company.

• Like 2

Funny to see this post. In the shop i work in the boys swear by snap on power tool and clown on my Milwaukee gear, but seems to me that tti makes SO tools as well. They both have a lot of similarities. Here's an example. So in my opinion, Milwaukee has great quality and they back it up with the best warranty on the market.3f2a9098360ff59a317b4c94e6267c48.jpg056f5daf39f9bd81242f906257fdb276.jpg

Nah dont see many similarities.... if you put that Milwaukee and a bosch hackzall side by side you would think they were identical!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Nah dont see many similarities.... if you put that Milwaukee and a bosch hackzall side by side you would think they were identical!

I do, one is about $150 the other about 6 grand......

• Like 2

They both have same lock switch, triger, motor housing dome, handle, battery incert(different pattern of course), and to top it off red. Maybe just me. Ill look up that Bosch.

• Like 1

b1cb2eccf391bfbccce9d882f776e39e.jpgi see what your talking about.... That's scarry same.

Exactly! It's crazy

my fuel m12 impact is not top of the line build quality if you ask me, housing split in 2 in the bottom side of the grip. 

pull the battery out and look for yourself 

That sucks, is there a metal clip that slips in the groove inside the battery housing? Now THAT is one flaw I was disappointed in, a few of mine fell out, so I had to give it an extra bend so it would stay in, hope that makes sense

9 hours ago, JcDino said:

Since Milwaukee is part of TTI (Tech Tronic Industries). The same company that manufactures Ryobi. Does Milwaukee lack in quality in comparison to the big brands (Makita,Dewalt and Bosch)?

Milwaukee is one of the more popular brands among forum members here, but you really can't go wrong with any of the brands mentioned. I have a mixture of makita and dewalt and I'm delighted with both. Haven't had to use a repair centre as of yet

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought ridgid has the best warranty with lifetime tool and battery. As long as you register them

From a fan of tools with lots of assistance from Siri #TIACREW

That is correct but it seems you have to jump through a lot of Hoops in order to get your battery replaced or your tool repaired with Rigid.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought ridgid has the best warranty with lifetime tool and battery. As long as you register them

Sometimes ridgid though helps a reputation for jumping through hoops to get a tool replaced.

• Like 1

another thing to consider is who and how the person using the tool is using it and why it needed repair, I know one of my buddies can destroy a perfectly new working tool in about 10 minutes...regardless the brand.

I have worked with Milwaukee tools most of my career 25+ yrs and also have a shop of my own full of Milwaukee.

these tools are mass produced there are bound to be issues here and there with any brand. But until Milwaukee goes south on me I will stick to the brand.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tonylandin said:

don't kid yourself, RIDGID life time warranty is a gimmick too a marketing trick to say the least. 

• Like 1