Is it true Milwaukee are known for poor quality tools?

JcDino

As mentioned above, the kind of work done, makes a huge difference in their life span.  In my opinion.

Yesterday my belt sander died.  It's had a hard life.  From truck to jobsite for years.  Dropped who knows how many times.  Rained on more than once.  Fell off the tailgate yesterday.  If it lived in a shop it would have had an easier life.

Of course it wouldn't have had any cool scars to tell it's friends about.

• Like 1

I usually feel like a manufacturer's confidence in their product is represented by their warranty. Milwaukee's being 5 years gives me confidence. Red isn't the most common color going out for repair from our company. I will say that I prefer the way M18 packs are built and installed to the M12, but the M12 tools I own and have used are just as good as the M18 (and obviously better than a lot of other stuff I've used or I would have invested in a different color).

i have not had an issue with ridgid's warranty. they replaced 2 battery packs with no problem. it helps having a service center a mile away.

as far as milwaukee, the brand has cheapened since being bought out. i have multiple USA miwaukee, no problems. new sawzall, busted a yoke (internal mechanism), with not alot of time on the tool.

porter cable is also not what they used to be.

I can tell from my experience that not all tools are bad from Milwaukee, but for example angle grinders are very weak, cordless drills can`t work in cold weathers. Comparing prices for example with Dewalt in my country is same price, but Dewalt is 5 times better then Milwaukee 

12 minutes ago, Andrius said:

I can tell from my experience that not all tools are bad from Milwaukee, but for example angle grinders are very weak, cordless drills can`t work in cold weathers. Comparing prices for example with Dewalt in my country is same price, but Dewalt is 5 times better then Milwaukee 

can't really comment on cold weather as I don't do to much outdoor work, but I will say I'm not sure how well the dewalt angle grinders are but it better be phenomenal because the Milwaukee Fuel grinder I have is far from weak....5 times better than Milwaukee is a bit of a stretch.......

To piggy back what comp said I've done some work with both my m18 and m12 tools and have had no issues with the tool or the packs, pretty sure someone here left a bunch of m12 packs in the car overnight in sub freezing temps and they still worked.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thru a few brands over the years. I started with ryobi then I went to Dewalt and over the last 2 years I've had Milwaukee and I couldn't be happier. They have stepped there tool game up a lot and I don't think I will go anywhere else 

I've been thru a few brands over the years. I started with ryobi then I went to Dewalt and over the last 2 years I've had Milwaukee and I couldn't be happier. They have stepped there tool game up a lot and I don't think I will go anywhere else 

Sounds like my progression of tool brands

• Like 1

3eda641326646f5db37510159fc22a2d.jpg

565c259726624300a9371f34c03e9bd5.jpg

This is our impact from work that just died earlier this spring after 3.5 or 4 years. It's not extremely beat up but it's been thrown in lots of mud, rained on, and bounced around in truck tool box it's whole life. We're pretty hard on tools and they've held up well for us so haven't needed to change.

Honestly I'm not sure any brand is leaps and bounds above the competition for the most part. Now different brands belong in different categories but if your picking a brand from same category I don't think there's much of a difference in quality.

I would say if possible to form your own opinion, everything is junk when it's broke or your having problems with it. So you'll get ppl that have been burnt hating something and you'll get ppl that have never had problems with same tool saying it's the best. But it is hard on the wallet to keep trying things until find what you like.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

if a tool doesn't live up to it's name, or doesn't preform properly then it comes down to the other side of the company and would be the service end. If a tool breaks or malfunctions prematurely does the company service department look after it with no questions asked or do you get a zillion excuses why it broke with the main focus toward you. 

Let's face it, these tools are mass produced there are bound to be issues with every brand. The first couple of steps when this happens can make or break a company.

3 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Cool what are we looking at? Its very blurry. You buy all those?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yea I just bought all of them. Hole hawg, sds plus fuel, pvc cutter, full kit knockout tool, and the pro pex 12v also picked up a husky socket set,.klien linemen pliers and the plumbers self feed bits for hole hawg. Knockout set alone was 1900$ 

• Like 2