DeWalt 20v 12,000 BTU Portable Radiant Propane Heater

The.Handyman

New DeWalt 20v 12,000 BTU Portable Radiant Propane Heater with LED and USB charging! Just in time for those cool temps. This heater is even indoor safe.

Ready for the jobsite, camping trip, and ice fishing shanty.

Thank you Hugh (@hdcarpentry) for the discovery! He'll be staying warm now.

Model: DXH12B

Price: $189

Available: Now at Northern Tool and select retailers. Soon at Home Depot and other retailers.

Features:

Powered by 20v or FLEXVOLT batteries

3-USB ports for charging personal electronics and accessories

Dual tank capacity provides up to 7 hours of run-time

2 heat settings (6k BTU & 12k BTU) + fan only

Integrated high velocity fan to effectively disperse convective heat

Powerful LED light bar provides ideal working conditions

Factory installed ODS and a thermoelectric safety valve you can feel comfortable using this certified indoor safe heater anywhere.

Product Depth (in.) - 10.5

Product Height (in.) - 14

Product Width (in.) - 15.75

Available now:

https://m.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200712330_200712330dbf449a365db2898edf55c03c2a3f877.jpg81c53e4134985cd51f6f791c76e9e8f9.jpg31d297148803e4b4fe6662beec8d5369.jpgc745b7b3024ec1bb8018272540388b46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This thing is a beast. Other than the doors feeling kind of cheap, the rest of it is pretty impressive. 

The handle folds down, which can be helpful when needing to direct the light. My first thought was if there's a power outage in the cold, this gives you heat and a light, but you can aim the light upward instead of having it facing where you're likely sitting trying to get warm.

The propane connectors both swivel outward so they're completely horizontal. Makes it super easy to attach the tanks. 

There are keyholes on the back in case you're using it in a small location on a jobsite or in a shop or garage. 

Pretty cool little unit.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2018 at 3:01 PM, Moze said:

This thing is a beast. Other than the doors feeling kind of cheap, the rest of it is pretty impressive. 

The handle folds down, which can be helpful when needing to direct the light. My first thought was if there's a power outage in the cold, this gives you heat and a light, but you can aim the light upward instead of having it facing where you're likely sitting trying to get warm.

The propane connectors both swivel outward so they're completely horizontal. Makes it super easy to attach the tanks. 

There are keyholes on the back in case you're using it in a small location on a jobsite or in a shop or garage. 

Pretty cool little unit.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Mine was delivered yesterday. I second that the doors, and especially the door latches, feel cheap. Otherwise, it’s a nice piece of gear. My better half is already hot on selling the electric space heaters in the garage. It would have been nice if the light, and maybe the fan, had different settings. Press the button a second time and the light dims, for instance. 

I’ve never messed with propane heaters. Does anyone leave their tanks connected during storage?