Flexvolt

CityDecks

Like anything else, take care of your batteries and they will take care of you. I stop at 1 bar and I don’t try to charge warm batteries. Sometimes I’ll set up a fan, hell when using the dcb118 (4 amp charger) I usually point a fan since they get warm. 

Way too much work for me. No hassle ever with Hilti. And there ridiculous warranty and store 5 min from shop. I heard from few in way colder areas then Philly that Maki gas no trouble in heat or Cold.

Like anything else, take care of your batteries and they will take care of you. I stop at 1 bar and I don’t try to charge warm batteries. Sometimes I’ll set up a fan, hell when using the dcb118 (4 amp charger) I usually point a fan since they get warm. 

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

While the dcf899 or any high torque impact wrench is great to have in the arsenal, I think it's a bit overkill for a 3/8" anchor.  I personally prefer a compact impact wrench for that size fastner but if you look at dewalts dcf890 3/8" compact impact wrench it's literally a dcf886 with a 3/8" anvil and different model number.  So as long as you're not breaking bit adapters I can't hardly see how it would be any harder on the tool.

Also I know the OP asked about battery longevity and I know all these sugestions are the proper ways to take care of tool batteries and I myself try to follow them to get the most out of my batteries.  But the reality is there are a lot of people out there that are clueless about these things or simply dont care about tools the way us tool forum guys do and run the tools down to the last trigger pull every time and just throw them back on the chargers hot.  I would be willing to bet the number of batteries that take the beating and just keep working far outweighs the number that actually crap out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kornomaniac said:

Do DeWalt chargers have a fan that cools down batteries on the charger before starting to charge em ?

I only use the new flexvolt included fast chargers because of this. Makita spoiled me with their chargers. I never have had any issues with the older ones but the fan is a big deal to me.

You think Maki spoiled you at 45min. Hilti standard / slow charger is 30min +/-. There fast charger is 15-20min.

I only use the new flexvolt included fast chargers because of this. Makita spoiled me with their chargers. I never have had any issues with the older ones but the fan is a big deal to me.

There are a few comparison vids on YouTube where Hilti is in the mix. They never crack top three. 

If Hilti works for you, and their service center is five minutes away, perfect. Enjoy your tools. I will say that complaining about batteries, being taught correct battery procedure, then stating it’s too much work to take care of your tools, doesn’t make much sense. But hey it’s Hilti’s problem now. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChrisK said:

In the field I use fast chargers to maintain productivity, and over the weekend I typically use the slower 2 amp chargers that come with drills etc to do maintenance cycles. Every Dewalt 20v charger will perform an 8hour maintenance cycle if the pack is left on charger, and I’ve found (just a personal observation not tested) that batteries perform better after letting them cycle. The Dewalt battery literature states to maintenance cycle once ever four charges for maximum health if memory serves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Babysaw said:

In the field I use fast chargers to maintain productivity, and over the weekend I typically use the slower 2 amp chargers that come with drills etc to do maintenance cycles. Every Dewalt 20v charger will perform an 8hour maintenance cycle if the pack is left on charger, and I’ve found (just a personal observation not tested) that batteries perform better after letting them cycle. The Dewalt battery literature states to maintenance cycle once ever four charges for maximum health if memory serves.

Thanks for that, I did I not know they did a recycle. I keep the batteries off of the charger

• Like 1

What model Hilti charger charges a battery in 15 min? Also what size batt are we talking? The fastest chargers I have are the metabo ASC Ultra which does 7.0ah LiHDs in about 45 min and the QC330 which does my 338wh battery in 55 minutes. The QC500 does it in 35 min but charges all smaller batteries in the same amount of time as the QC330. I put hot batteries on the charger all the time (chargers with built in fans) and if they are too hot the chargers cool them before charging and some of the metabo batteries are 8 years old now and still going well. I notice when I put a milwaukee 9.0 on my old milwaukee charger it got hot and cut the charging process (no fan). Dewalt flexvolt rarely get warm when I use them and I'll use them non stop at times until the battery is fully discharged.

22v or 18+5.2v biggest under 36v

What model Hilti charger charges a battery in 15 min? Also what size batt are we talking? The fastest chargers I have are the metabo ASC Ultra which does 7.0ah LiHDs in about 45 min and the QC330 which does my 338wh battery in 55 minutes. The QC500 does it in 35 min but charges all smaller batteries in the same amount of time as the QC330. I put hot batteries on the charger all the time (chargers with built in fans) and if they are too hot the chargers cool them before charging and some of the metabo batteries are 8 years old now and still going well. I notice when I put a milwaukee 9.0 on my old milwaukee charger it got hot and cut the charging process (no fan). Dewalt flexvolt rarely get warm when I use them and I'll use them non stop at times until the battery is fully discharged.

When you're banging out 1000sf +/- about every 4 days who the fk gives crap about monitoring batteries. They drive till they slow down start to big you can hear/ feel it that's when it gets swapped. It's about precision speed and convenience not babysitting batteries.

There are a few comparison vids on YouTube where Hilti is in the mix. They never crack top three. 

If Hilti works for you, and their service center is five minutes away, perfect. Enjoy your tools. I will say that complaining about batteries, being taught correct battery procedure, then stating it’s too much work to take care of your tools, doesn’t make much sense. But hey it’s Hilti’s problem now. 

tools perform to my standard or there outtahere.

When you're banging out 1000sf +/- about every 4 days who the fk gives crap about monitoring batteries. They drive till they slow down start to big you can hear/ feel it that's when it gets swapped. It's about precision speed and convenience not babysitting batteries.

Time is worth a hell of a then 25 or 100bucks for 1 x upgrade then residual headaches. I'm not saying hilti or Maki don't fail but it's a hell of lot less the DeWalt. Garuntee that. They all have there lil perks over the other one way or another. The great thing is that we options.

Whoever asked about HILTI charge # I'll get back to you or go to hilti usa there on site.

I dunno why you’re still in the Dewalt forum if this is how you feel? Enjoy the Hilti forum. Enjoy your tools that cost twice as much for half the productivity. Whatever dude you complained about your batteries, people come on here and give good faith examples of how you can stop damaging your tools like a maroon and your response essentially is ‘my mind is already made up and y’all are wasting your time talking to me.’

I set my chargers on break, switch batts at lunch. I’ve got plenty of batteries to never slow production, and if you want to compare productivity with somebody Framer Joe may have something to say. 

• Haha 1

The most powerful Hilti charger available here is 350w. I doubt that would charge any high capacity battery in 15 min unless there is a much larger version available where you are? Hilti make quality tools but you do pay a lot more for them because of their service options. There is no single tool company who own the rest.  I have cordless dewalt, husqvarna, paslode, metabo, hilti, milwaukee and AEG as well as corded milwaukee, Bosch, protool, hitachi and makita and im sure ibe forgotten a few. Each tool I buy is best suited at the application I'm using it for regardless of brand. Being on multiple platforms doesn't bother me. We use tools harder than most other contractors. I've burned out 3 hitachi jackhammers in one night on a job once. When I say non stop I mean finger on the trigger under fulll load cutting without stopping until the battery is flat etc.

If you have so many issues with batteries and tools then go for Hilti, they will deliver replacement tools and batteries to your site and service for free for two years here. All of that is built into the price of the tools and if it saves you on down time it's paid for itself within the first two call outs. I've had problems with all of my tools including Hilti (except for my corded makita, protool and cordless husqvarna tools so far).