Dewalt DWV902M Extractor Vacuum Wet & Dry Vac 110v

DooDar

Hi

I have been looking at purchasing this extractor for a while now. I am unable to find anyone that will give me a straight answer about the power take off for my tools. 

In the manual supplied with the extractor it states that a max of 440w can be taken through the power take off.

I have spoken to an electrician on site and he said that he sees no reason for such a low wattage. Other than the fact that as a general rule only 1760w can be used on a 110v 16 amp feed. 110 x 16 =1760w ish. And with the extractor having a 1400 w motor on it, leaving little for a take off tool. So I suggested I was to plug the extractor in to a 110v 32amp feed, effectively giving 110 x 32 = 3520w ish, allowing for a much higher take off power for the tools. He agreed but was unwilling to say that the extractor would be able to take the extra wattage running through the resistors or the auto switch on the take off system. So I am unsure about purchasing it and risking damaging a £500 bit of kit!!! Does any of this make sense to anyone. Can anyone shed some light on this for me??

I am a Joiner by trade and have numerous tools I would like to attach to the extractor which are much higher than 440w, e.g. DW718XPS mitre saw which has a 1675w motor on it.

If anyone can, please help

Thanks

I know we have some electricians here but they are mostly in North America where we only deal with 120v and 15 amps max on our household/job site outlets. I know you guys run higher voltages in Europe. Wayne Burgess might be able to give more information on that but he's only around the forum occasionaly lately.

Im sure dewalt has a fuse in the system to protect the tool.  Worse that will happen is you will throw a breaker or blow a fuse.  Anyway im not sure since im in the U.S. but a quick google search shows 2200w at 240v so you should have 1100w at 110v I would think and not the 440w your saying.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just to clarify I stated in my original post that I had 1760watts on a 110v 16amp feed.

This means that if the extractor is already taking 1400watts off the feed this would leave only 360watts left over for the tool to use without tripping a breaker.

If I plugged it in to a 110v 32amp feed it would have 3520watts which leaves 2120watts after taking the extractors 1400 watts in to account, for the tool to use before tripping a breaker.

The manual for the extractor actually states 440watts as a MAXIMUM for a tool plugged in to the extractor for use with tool activation.

I am assuming that the manual is looking at a 110v 16amp feed being used.

In the UK we are only allowed to use 110v on site and not the 240v we have at home.

But we do have the choice of a 16amp or a 32amp feed on most sites.

What I need to know is if I plug it in to a 32amp feed and run my mitre saw on it e.g. 1400watts extractor + 1675watts mitre saw = total 3075wats. Will I damage anything on the extractor?

I am struggling to understand why Dewalt would put a tool take off port on the extractor if it could only handle 440watts!!! I have no corded power tools that are this low on wattage!

thanks for your time and help

Paul

I personally would run it, I guarantee you dewalt put a fuse in the extractor and at worst your going to do is have to buy a new fuse.  Best bet is to buy it somewhere with a good return policy in case it wouldnt work.  Like your saying I seriously doubt the port is limted to 440w thats only 4 amps at 110v which is very low for power tools.  Im guessing its a typo/error on dewalts part.

Thanks for the help!!

I am just waiting for me tax return to come in and I will be purchasing it!!! Then I will put it to the test!!   :( I will report back with what happens!!

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Hi

Quick update!!! I bought the extractor on Saturday morning!!! got it home and the air flow sensor was faulty  : so took it back on the Monday.

I know have to wait until Friday until the tool shop can get another in stock!!! didn't even get a chance to test the tool take off !!!!

Anyway;

Can I ask Mr. Yellow if you can give me any info on this attachment you can get for the extractor that screws on top of the top handle so a t stack case can be attached???? I cant find anything online and my local tool shop knows nothing about it!! I would really like to get hold of one as the extractor has no storage for the attachments it come with. 

I've been looking around for that attachment called "vac rack" (DWV9500), to see what it costs, but I haven't found anything besides the listing from various DeWALT service websites.

The vac rack is mentioned in the manual and there should even be a vac (DWV902MT) that comes with the rack already installed.

It seems the rack is currently unavailable as it is also mentioned in the partlist from the DWV902MT as not being in stock.

You could ask your local DeWALT dealer to try and order it.

DWV9500.png

Well I have had the extractor for a few days and I have to say it is fantastic!!!!! it works like a dream!!!!! I have had a few occasions were it has tripped the breaker when I have had to use it on and 16 amp feed, but when I use it on a 32 amp feed it will run all day long with what ever I plug in to it!!!! The only thing I fault is the extraction method on my dw718xps mitre saw. The extractor does pick up a fair bit of the chippings, but there is still quit a bit missed. I know that this is not the extractors fault!! Its the lack of a good means to extract the chippings produced from such a open area around the blade. But I have not seen any other mitre saw on site that does this any better. Everything else I have used it with is incredible!!!! My DWS520kr plunge saw is in my opinion the best for the removal of chippings I would say that at least 98% is removed when used with the extractor. And similar with my DW331k jigsaw when the front screen is attached I would say about 90% is removed.

Anyway the point I am trying to make is that I am really happy with the extractor and glad I choose to purchase it!!!! I would recommend it to anyone.

With regards to the T-stake vac rack, I am still unable to find anywhere that sells it. Which is really frustrating. Dewalt's parts web site for the UK states that it is live and available globally. But even the dewalt rep at the tool centre knows nothing about it. 

If anyone knows anymore about the rack please let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

Doodar, any luck with the Vac Rack?

The service website indeed says it's live, so I would suggest to just take the partnumber to your local DeWALT dealer and have them order the part. Even if they don't know anything about it, just get it ordered and it should work out.

I you ordre the DWV902MT then you get the vac incl the rack ,it is not live on the web yet or you can ordre this one DWV9500 it is the rack for the vac.

http://service.dewalt.co.uk/Products/DocumentPDF.aspx?ProductID=9854&DocumentID=43097&size=1&BOMRegionID=1

• 2 months later...

Hi

Sorry I have not replied sooner!! Been so busy finishing off a job that I have had no time to do anything but work, eat and sleep. I have tried to get hold of the vac rack at a few tool shops as well as 2 certified Dewalt dealers. All as I got back from them was that the code I gave was correct but they cant seem to get hold of the item!!!!! So I kind of gave up hunting for it. But with the post you have just put up about France maybe getting it soon, based on it being featured in the latest brochure over there!! I have renewed hope and will restart my efforts to acquire it!!!     :D

The extractor is fantastic!!! But its one down fall is the lack of tool storage for the different adapters available to use with it. This will sort that problem and provide a hole other dimension to its usefulness. So I am really happy that there are now signs of it becoming available!!! 

Thanks for the info Mr. Yellow!!!!

On an unrelated and already asked question by many others!!!! Has anyone got any info on the replacement pin gun Dewalt are taking there sweet time over releasing?? My Paslode IM65A keeps playing up and I am sick of repairing it!!! I am just waiting for Dewalt to release the pin gun then I am going to swap over to It!! The old one is far too bulky and heavy compared to the Paslode. I have been using a friends Dewalt first fix gun and was so impressed by it I have ordered one!!!!! If the pin gun has the same system just reduced in size and weight to match or come close the Paslode, it would be unbelievable! and I would be the first in line to purchase one!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just letting you know that the Vac Rack is now available in the UK!!!!

£19.95 from     dm-tool.co.uk

I bought one about a week ago and am really happy I have it!!

One down side is that it has made a gap in-between the extendable push bar and the vac rack that is a little bit of a tight squeeze for the hose when wrapping it around the body of the extractor. But other than that minor gripe its all good!!!!

I have put a number of things in to T stack boxes and use them with the vac rack. The main tool it has been handy for is my plunge saw!!

The tracks in there bag, on my shoulder and the saw in a TSTACK VI on top of the extractor and I am away!!!!

I have also bought the TSTACK II box and use that solely for accessory's for the extractor like nozzles and tool adaptors.

I bought the floor attachment DE7901 for the extractor and found the tubes to be too long to fit in the TSTACK II box so I bought a second one and cut them down to fit in. Now I can make a longer floor cleaner which is easier on my back at the end of the day when cleaning up!!! As I am ferly tall I found myself bending slightly to use it which made my back ache after a while. But having two of them has solved this by extending its length!!! 

I have to say that I am really liking the TSTAK range!! I can see a few more of the boxes finding their way in to my collection very soon!!!  

I have the 10 gallon dust extractor and LOVE it! Only thing I hate is that I had to spend another chunk of change to get all the attachments for my tools. Splitters, adapters, etc. I had both my miter saw and table saw hooked up today and the vac ran seamlessly. It handled both very well.