Monthly Tool Delivery

kruton

I was talking with my wife tonight about something called Stitch Fix. Basically you join and they send you clothes at whatever frequency you want. She does it quarterly. Basically they send you the clothes and you decide which ones you want to keep and then send the rest back on their dime. If you keep them all then you get like a 20%discount. If you keep nothing you pay $20 and send everything back. So I was thinking why don't they have something like that for tools. I would jump on it!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The logistics of it might be tricky at first, but I figured if they can make a bunch of women happy with clothes then it should be easy with guys and tools!

• Like 2

I'm waaay too picky to let others pick out my tools.

You would tell them what you like and if you don't like it send it back. I know they do something similar for runners. Pretty cool idea really.

The risk to the company is much less with clothes the mark up on clothing is insane like 400 to 500% of cost. You could possibly do something like this for small hand tools, and still be able to make a profit. You would have to work out deals with companies to buy in volume and marketing deals for it to be worth it though.

• Like 1