HD Ryobi Garage Door Opener bundle discounts:

JerryNY

http://www.homedepot.com/s/ryobi+garage+opener?NCNI-5

For those who saw the TIA review of the new Ryobi garage door opener and are interested HD is bundling free accessories with the door opener unit for $248. I grabbed the cord reel which is the most expensive, and hence best deal, and most likely to be used by me so that's a  $64 add-on for free that I would have gotten anyway. They have bundles for all the accessories; fan, Bluetooth speaker, cord reel, park assist and even a battery if you don't have one already. A good deal if you are considering this new opener...

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Just looked at some of the HD reviews it looks like it can be a hassle to install and some people are having issues with the outside wall mount remote not working.

Maybe it's just me, but those things are par for the course with garage door openers.  I'd say they're in the range of installations that they tried to make idiot-proof but didn't quite get there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Maybe it's just me, but those things are par for the course with garage door openers.  I'd say they're in the range of installations that they tried to make idiot-proof but didn't quite get there.

I don't have much experience with them installing one. When they built my garage the opener was included. It works great I just wish it had wifi so you could do remote closes and openings with my smartphone.

• Like 1

I put in two garage doors in my garage, I would love to have this opener, and I need to find out more if I can mount it in my situation or I have to modify the supports around it, including a native piece of timber spanning the whole garage width

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I removed the loud clackety old craftsman opener and put in the Ryobi. The asshats who installed the old opener put it about 2 feet off center, I think you can actually install them a foot or so off center but it's not ideal and the door never closed evenly so I moved the old ceiling bracket over a few feet to center it. It looks way more robust than the old craftsman and is way heavier:image.jpegimage.jpeg

The  cord reell snaps right on the side, only trouble was my old style angle iron bracket protruded and didn't allow me to slap the reel on without unbolting the opener on that side because it needs to be tilted inward to get it on the unit. 

image.jpeg

One thing I haven't  seen mentioned is it has an integral GFCI that you can see in the control panel on the left with the red led and a reset and test button. Nice touch.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Overall installation was pretty straight forward and setup not bad at all. It's cool having wifi access and a nice led down light with a built in motion sensor to turn the light on without having to hit the button is cool. It is super quiet and very smooth, not to mention nearly twice as fast as the old 1/2 hp craftsman, but it does have a warning beep when closing due to the liabliy of remote  wifi access to warn people in the vicinity. Also the battery backup is super nice to have an it'll charge your battery and display status on the app:

image.jpeg

It's a great deal and feature packed for the price. I like it quite a bit more than I even thought I would. It'll be cool to see what other add-ons they think of for the future.

• Like 4

Lol, yeah the light prob isn't as bright but it's nice having the motion sensor so I don't have to walk over to the switch if I'm going to be in and out of the garage. Overall it's a nice unit, it's heavy and everything you see that's green on the main unit is heavy gauge metal. The track seem quality and heavy too. It weighs like 60 lbs in the box. They didn't skimp on the build quality at all which I was concerned about at this price point with wifi, LED lights, a 2 HP motor, battery backup capability and the whole accessory add-on system and wifi app/control. I also love being able to keep an old Ryobi 5 3/8" saw in the garage for a quick cut and use the gdo as a charger and swap the battery when needed.  Maybe they figure they can sell the main unit cheaper and make it back on the accessories. Either way it's a good deal in my book and for a first foray into a new market they did a great job. Props to Ryobi.

• Like 3

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    stermscar
    Newest Member
    stermscar