Hardware organization

Fazzman

7 minutes ago, Fazzman said:

With the old price you could get 5 for $100,now you get one less for that same $100 makes me wonder what the real story behind the price increase was.

They were 25 until they dropped around the holidays... sucks

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, arkfit said:

Anyone use the Tstak system? I've been thinking of getting a few of those. Seem to be versatile and durable.

I dont have any personally but i know a few folks around here probably have a couple.

1 hour ago, Fazzman said:

Nice Id love to get my hands on some lista or vidmar cabinets. Used alot in machine shops for all sorts of things.

I've been watching the Dunham stuff on Amazon. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WQB3RK

It's very similar to the stuff Ace hardware uses to store hardware, metal case with removable plastic divider. I'm hoping the rack finds it's way to warehouse.

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I've been watching the Dunham stuff on Amazon. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WQB3RK

It's very similar to the stuff Ace hardware uses to store hardware, metal case with removable plastic divider. I'm hoping the rack finds it's way to warehouse.

Aah,I do recognize those,seen them before long ago.

29 minutes ago, Fazzman said:

Aah,I do recognize those,seen them before long ago.

Very nice quality. Significantly smaller than what Ultgar's crazy awesome posts are filled with but more along the lines of something most could get by with. A couple of racks would be more than enough for most. They're solid, I think the steel is a little thicker than my Husky box is made from.

• Like 1

Yeah from what I remember of these,been a longtime since ive seen one,they are nice to have on top of ones bench or on shelves,small items dont slide over the top if you tilt them upwards either.

For grab and go hardware, I've got a mix of Durham scoop boxes, Stanley boxes, and Tanos/Festool systainers.  Get something with a secure latching system....I've had my single latch Durham boxes let go and dump the contents many times.  Here are some photos of hose clamps in all 3 types of boxes. SD

abaminiassort-lge.jpg

abacs2.jpg

aba316a.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not a terrible fan of the Durhams for mobile boxes either, they work but I prefer the plastic multi-latch boxes as well. The Durham handle and latch just aren't as nice of a design. Sometimes you'll pop the latch when lifting the handle, I imagine that's how you've hand them come unlatched. I'm using mine as more of a stationary, semi-mobile storage solution. Basically, if you need to move it to the other side of the house, do it, but it's never going in the car or being dragged from room to room.

I've been thinking of picking up some of the Milwaukee boxes for mobile hardware storage, I should have bought them last year when they were $20. :(

• Like 1

I like clear lids, inevitably you will buy another one and it's easier to see which is which. Also allows you to see when you're getting low, because we all know that unless you run out, you're going to forget that you're low if you notice it in the middle of a job.

• Like 2