First CA Pen Finished!

DaveJr.

Well after a couple of screw ups I managed to successfully complete my first two CA finishes. First is Maple Burl and the second is Figured Walnut. What do you guys think?

P.S. The pictures do not do any justice for the grain of the wood, especially the Walnut.

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

• Like 4

Well after a couple of screw ups I managed to successfully complete my first two CA finishes. First is Maple Burl and the second is Figured Walnut. What do you guys think?

P.S. The pictures do not do any justice for the grain of the wood, especially the Walnut.

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

Mr. Dave, if I had a desk job, I would absolutely have to have one of those, however, as a butcher... Wood and beef, pork and chicken juices don't mix.

Keep up the great work though, beautiful pens!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On June 9, 2016 at 8:03 PM, DaveJr. said:

IMG_3326.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

They came out great. I'm so so on CA finishes. Still trying to find my happy place there!

11 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

How did you do that? Those are the best pictures I have seen of them!

It's magic, or I'm super-skilled, or it's all done with mirrors, or none of your business, or whatever other smart-assed reply you can think of.

Nah, it's really simple. I'll have to go back and check, but I think I posted some tips in the photo tip thread. I'll browse the thread in a bit and see what's in there, if there's nothing about improving shots like these I'll add something

• Like 1

Dave, do you have any editing software, and if you do what title is it...Photoshop, Elements, Lightroom, Paint Shop Pro, etc.. If I know then I can tailor the editing process for what you use.

9 hours ago, ChrisK said:

They came out great. I'm so so on CA finishes. Still trying to find my happy place there!

I wasn't too crazy on CA either but after finishing these pens I'm sold! They polish out great and hold up to wear very nice