Swing set and a retaining wall, how hard could that be....The first problem is the yard we have is not what you call anywhere near flat. 

A skid steer rental, 42 railroad ties, countless timber screws, and don't forget the blood (small amount) sweat (barrels of it) and tears (the sweat was in our eyes lol)

We are almost complete, just a little backfill left and grass seed. 

My wife and I slaved on this project through everything Mother Nature could come up with in her Midwest arsenal. 

We even stayed up till the wee hours of the morning today to complete the swing set build so the little guy could be surprised, boy was he. Time for a drink, and a pillow. 

P.S. Happy Father's Day to you guys that are blessed to have a little one. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

That's incredible. Sounds like my house, but I didn't exactly stay up that late! Built an addition year and half ago, killed a brushy area of my lawn, tiller, and just recently put in grass. Then just today, I put together a used swing set and now my son's running around trying to decide what to play with first!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On June 24, 2016 at 6:44 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

Do the railroad ties smell of creosote or anything?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The only time you smell the creosote is when you cut them or drill the pilot holes for the timber screws, and that goes away quickly. Other than that no smell at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fazzman said:

That looks nice man.Just remind the little man that those railroad ties can give a gnarly splinter.

For sure man! I have had to remind him a couple times to use the stairs and that the walls are not balance beams haha.

17 hours ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

Absolutely Stunning Job! looks like a ton of work, my muscles are sore just looking at the pictures. My Grandson would love something like that.  

Thanks WigWag! We took this weekend off to recover a bit more. Did some kayaking, it was more relaxing than it sounds lol

• Like 2

On June 19, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Poisonfangs85 said:

Swing set and a retaining wall, how hard could that be....The first problem is the yard we have is not what you call anywhere near flat. 

A skid steer rental, 42 railroad ties, countless timber screws, and don't forget the blood (small amount) sweat (barrels of it) and tears (the sweat was in our eyes lol)

We are almost complete, just a little backfill left and grass seed. 

My wife and I slaved on this project through everything Mother Nature could come up with in her Midwest arsenal. 

We even stayed up till the wee hours of the morning today to complete the swing set build so the little guy could be surprised, boy was he. Time for a drink, and a pillow. 

P.S. Happy Father's Day to you guys that are blessed to have a little one. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks fantastic! That's one happy little kid!

Looks nice man. I have a similar project coming up as well. Maybe I'll drag my feet a little more on my bathroom remodel. At least it's indoors with air conditioning!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrisK said:

And one pooped looking Dad!

Pooped is a good word for it haha. Thanks for the kind words Chris, hope all is well with you.

2 hours ago, kruton said:

Looks nice man. I have a similar project coming up as well. Maybe I'll drag my feet a little more on my bathroom remodel. At least it's indoors with air conditioning!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks bud! I am glad we got it done when we did, the heat has not been letting up here.

• Like 1