Circular saw or sawzall?

olletsocmit

12 minutes ago, JerryNY said:

I don't have the 6.5 but it looks like the base plate is similar if I recall correctly so it should be ok. The Bora guide is great but I can see how the plate is limited by how well it interfaces with each type of saw.  I'm pretty happy with how it works on the 7-1/4 fuel. The stainless plate that has a ruler with inscribed markings on the front of the fuel makes for a good area for the two cone shapped mounting screws to grab on and prevent lateral movement.

I have the same plate and the 6 1/2 and it don't fit to my liking......it works but still kinda oddly fitting

12 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

What made you choose the 7 1/4" one instead of the 6.5" for that kinda work. Also what is that red thing on your saw

Well it was free for one thing (With purchase of the OneKey kit at Home Depot) but it also takes standard sized blades and was brushless. Sawdust and sparks generally don't do well together. I had the choice between the circular saw and the Sawzall and the circular saw would get more use.

• Like 1

So I don't know why, but I took the 6.5" circular saw back tonight and swapped it for the 7 1/4". Not sure why I care about the side the blade is on haha. I really don't need the 7 1/4" but I think I like blade right better. I will never be cutting thru anything think enough to matter...

b06b9d46fcf9d9c55982af45ff9dd62c.jpg

aa4abf964f9522e8ad231fb8cbed0440.jpg

d2aed108c50768bac1c53ff72476b277.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah regardless of the reason behind blade right or left, sometimes it comes down to personal preference, and it should easily suit your needs.

Hey Tim, did you get a chance to read this post here? ::

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/10412-Wtb:-Milwaukee-hard-cases

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had the same "dilemma", ended up with the 7 1/4" even if i probably could do just fine with the 6 1/2". 

But i see a M12 - 5 3/8" coming to my workshop in near future, that look real handy :)

Off topic:Maybe we see a 6 1/2" M12 when the 6amp batteries come?

Yeah regardless of the reason behind blade right or left, sometimes it comes down to personal preference, and it should easily suit your needs.

Hey Tim, did you get a chance to read this post here? ::

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/10412-Wtb:-Milwaukee-hard-cases

Thanks a lot man yeah I just saw it the other night I appreciate everyone letting me know and looking out. I have actually sold it about a week ago on here but I'm getting my hands on another one next week. I will let everyone who asked me about one know when I have it

I had the same "dilemma", ended up with the 7 1/4" even if i probably could do just fine with the 6 1/2". 

But i see a M12 - 5 3/8" coming to my workshop in near future, that look real handy [emoji4]

Nice!! I love my m12 5-3/8 and as little as I have need for a circular saw, it fits me perfectly, pretty impressive

• Like 1

Are any of you guys able to make a video for me with go pro or regular video camera using your left or right sided circ saw. Does not have to be in Milwaukee saw just trying to get the same perspective from both sides or maybe held at the angle you look at the blade at if that makes any sense. I got a few messages on here from people asking the same thing as well as on Instagram I think a lot of people are confused about the blade side difference as well.

Also I keep hearing a lot of people say they like it all one side or the other because they can look at the blade water cutting can you guys post a picture of exactly where you're looking while you're cutting I just look at the front notch on the front of the Saw, with blade left are you looking literally at the blade inside the guard or something

Are any of you guys able to make a video for me with go pro or regular video camera using your left or right sided circ saw. Does not have to be in Milwaukee saw just trying to get the same perspective from both sides or maybe held at the angle you look at the blade at if that makes any sense. I got a few messages on here from people asking the same thing as well as on Instagram I think a lot of people are confused about the blade side difference as well.

Also I keep hearing a lot of people say they like it all one side or the other because they can look at the blade water cutting can you guys post a picture of exactly where you're looking while you're cutting I just look at the front notch on the front of the Saw, with blade left are you looking literally at the blade inside the guard or something

Yes I'm literally watching the blade cut through the material, I've never used the guide notch on the front of the plate. With blade right, I can watch the blade in front of the motor from left of the saw. Never had a problem, it's what I got used to, never gave it a passing thought.

On July 2, 2016 at 10:57 PM, olletsocmit said:

So I don't know why, but I took the 6.5" circular saw back tonight and swapped it for the 7 1/4". Not sure why I care about the side the blade is on haha. I really don't need the 7 1/4" but I think I like blade right better. I will never be cutting thru anything think enough to matter...

b06b9d46fcf9d9c55982af45ff9dd62c.jpg

aa4abf964f9522e8ad231fb8cbed0440.jpg

d2aed108c50768bac1c53ff72476b277.jpg

Yeah I can you wanting to get a man sized saw instead of a girly man little baby saw ? Jk... They are all good. One thing about the dust chute; it really works!!! Just try to avoid standing directly in front of it. I was cutting some cellular pvc trim and the white dust poured out of that chute and a few times I wasn't paying attention and it coated me in super staticky white powder. I looked like a coke dealer gone wild with my merchandise. Lucky I was out garage and just used the blower to blast it off of me and the saw. The blade sliceing through the pvc really is like a static machine and that dust is soooo annoying ?

• Like 2

Also I don't entirely understand the blade sided thing that much. I mean sure I get people get used to it but I have saws with blades on either side. Depending on the project and how I cut things I use either my left or right hand pretty much equally well. I'm not ambidextrous but maybe I'm better with my off hand than most so it doesn't seem like an inconvenience to me at all really.

Yeah I can you wanting to get a man sized saw instead of a girly man little baby saw ? Jk... They are all good. One thing about the dust chute; it really works!!! Just try to avoid standing directly in front of it. I was cutting some cellular pvc trim and the white dust poured out of that chute and a few times I wasn't paying attention and it coated me in super staticky white powder. I looked like a coke dealer gone wild with my merchandise. Lucky I was out garage and just used the blower to blast it off of me and the saw. The blade sliceing through the pvc really is like a static machine and that dust is soooo annoying ?

Wish we had these:

• Like 1

Yeah it's a bit of a joke how little dust collection is worried about in North America.

On July 3, 2016 at 5:24 AM, verktool said:

I doubt it; still too much current draw on 6 cells despite them being so dense.

Olletsocmit congrats on the 7.25". I've briefly played around with that saw and it seems like it means business. The dust chute and blade selection are nice perks, and you'll quickly get used to using the guide for cut lines. With my blade left 6.5, yes, I literally watch the blade to see my cut. As far as the Milwaukee rep, my guess is there's no way in hell you're going to get twice as many cuts as the 6.5, that just seems completely illogical to me.

1 hour ago, olletsocmit said:

I know I sound crazy now hahahha. But I am leaning towards maybe taking this 7 1/4" back and getting the left blade side one again.

I have mentioned I have the 6 1/2" left sided fuel and have no regrets at all will cut pretty much anything the 7 1/4" will cut on a regular basis aside from stacked stock....heck the 5 3/8" is a power house too for that matter....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

Why exactly Are the Milwaukee tools different overseas? things like the black case and things like this dust shoot vac attachment. And also the writing on their batteries?

I think they have different statutes on dust control in different countries which require ability to have dust extractor attachments. I can see the usefulness but I do almost all my circular saw cutting outside in the garage so it's not a big deal for me, aside from annoying pvc dust...

• Like 1

I think they have different statutes on dust control in different countries which require ability to have dust extractor attachments. I can see the usefulness but I do almost all my circular saw cutting outside in the garage so it's not a big deal for me, aside from annoying pvc dust...

Is there a thread anywhere about all the differences between our tools and theirs. Would be nice to know for each tool. Honestly I'd like to see the differences between the saws, the drills, the drivers, etc. so I can order the parts for mine

18 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Wish we had these:

for those interested... you can just change the language on the Milwaukee site and i was able to bring up the 6.5 and 7 1/4" ones with the blade guages with the part for connecting to vac.  Does anyone know were we would be able to order and get shipped the 2 parts? upper blade guard and the adapter piece?

Here is a link to the site and some pics: http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/powertools/cordless/m18-ccs66/

M18_CCS66-402CM18_CCS66-402C--Hero_01_Hi

M18_CCS66-0M18_CCS66-0--Feat_03_HiRes.jp

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 3.30.37 AM.png

parts needed for the 6.5" version:

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 3.32.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 3.31.39 AM.png

This is a pic of the 7 1/4" this is super cool....

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 3.40.16 AM.png

• Like 1