home depot sent me free gear

Tormund

7 minutes ago, Tormund said:

So Home Depot sent me a garage door opener with the rest of my order. Which is weird because I need one but did not order it. Interestingly, FTC says its legal to keep. Feel bad though. If I do return it, how?

Huh, that's quite the goof,,,, tell them you want to swap it with the Ryobi door opener lol

• Like 2

I wouldn't bother returning it. It's not really a matter of morality either; I bought a Milwaukee combo kit and had a free led lantern thrown in for free online but returned it unopened to the store because a better deal popped up before I even got the online order. When I went to return the kit with the free lantern they didn't know what to do with the lantern because it didn't appear on the invoice as a regular sku so they said to save them trouble just keep the lantern. I didn't argue...

• Like 2

If you payed by credit card and it's on your bill then you would have to argue that you didn't order it.

Might be just easier to just return it? If not then it would be up to you weather to return or not.

if you have it and there is no record you got nothing to lose, return it but for a store credit and go get something you really want/need hmm I mean want....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...