Kreg Pocket Hole Drill Guides

olletsocmit

OK it looks like Home Depot and Lowe's both have the R3 for $40. The clamps another $25. do I have to use their clamps for an specific reason or is it cool to use any other one I have at home now. Also do you guys use the Kreg screws, which are a little expensive ...or do you just buy normal ones

70f3e68773423d3cc93297da8907b5bc.png

Just now, olletsocmit said:

OK it looks like Home Depot and Lowe's both have the R3 for $40. The clamps another $25. do I have to use their clamps for an specific reason or is it cool to use any other one I have at home now. Also do you guys use the Kreg screws, which are a little expensive ...or do you just buy normal ones

The right angle clamp is a life saver and the face clamps (mainly the automaxx ones) are nice to have, not crucial for me though. I want to get the new automaxx right angle clamp though....

7 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

70f3e68773423d3cc93297da8907b5bc.png

I have a few clamps by them, they have a large flat on both sides to keep things lined up plus one side fit the little R3 jig nicely as well.

I like the screws as well and buy them in bulk some times 1000-2000 pc boxes...

20160713_180353.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I don't do much of anything with my kreg jig, really useful

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you mean without I'm guessing

3 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

So I went to buy the R3 kit today. It was $40, but the clamps are $30 each alone! They were out of clips so I didn't get anything.

I guess I will be trying some coupons. Got a lot of good ones from ace hardware

The clamps are worth it though. Make sure you get the "Automaxx" ones!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

So I went to buy the R3 kit today. It was $40, but the clamps are $30 each alone! They were out of clips so I didn't get anything.

I guess I will be trying some coupons. Got a lot of good ones from ace hardware

I think the clamp just dropped to $20 at Lowe's.

BTW, definitely buy the Kreg screws. They have a little longer of a thread-less area which allows the screw to pull the boards tight against each other. Plus the head is the perfect size and they come in robertson which is my favorite b/c phillips suck and torx/hex bits can get stuck easier in the head of the screw.

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I think the clamp just dropped to $20 at Lowe's.

BTW, definitely buy the Kreg screws. They have a little longer of a thread-less area which allows the screw to pull the boards tight against each other. Plus the head is the perfect size and they come in robertson which is my favorite b/c phillips suck and torx/hex bits can get stuck easier in the head of the screw.

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

I usually use kreg screws, if you over drive it won't blow the hole out where construction screws will blow through the hole

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup what they said. Use the Kreg screws.

FYI EVERYONE: Ace Hardware sent out coupons in the mail (if you didn't get them ask friends or you can call Ace corporate and they will send). It's 4 coupons for July 25-29. One is $10 off $20 or more and one is 50% off $25 or more. As well as 2 others. Ace sells Kreg so gonna use the 50% off!!

• Like 3

I picked this up at a random HD I have never been to before. 5caae1fc8696346f6387c1ab90aa9cc5.jpg

6b0600fccc61b5f4dc12b129784dc682.jpg

e51aeed09a68bb3f1fd41a004d140850.jpg

Was $30 and free clamp too good to be true? Honestly quality feels like bullshit to me!

New:

654586d53d00d6bbae4d83ad7362c38d.jpg

After testing 3 times after I got it (Milwaukee fuel drill):

4dc7cc71ee0187c7006f52a79f104a7a.jpg

....and this jig in soft wood = shit holes in my mind. Am I expecting too much from this?

7f73450ae28a35d6c2f8bab33dee9ee2.jpg

• Like 1