Disappointed in the UK dewalt 18v xr mitre saw

Craigh9916

I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to your question. I did not understand why they made those changes. Seems like the built-in handles and miter detent locking lever were pretty nice functions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer to your question. I did not understand why they made those changes. Seems like the built-in handles and miter detent locking lever were pretty nice functions.

Yes the main features that made it a nice and well built saw !

If I decide to buy one I will look in to importing one because the UK model isn't a patch on the American looking at the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes the main features that made it a nice and well built saw !

If I decide to buy one I will look in to importing one because the UK model isn't a patch on the American looking at the photos

That sucks that you have to import it to get what you want. How much more expensive will that be?

That sucks that you have to import it to get what you want. How much more expensive will that be?

I don't think for a bare unit it will be that much more to import so when I am ready for one I will have a good look into it , I've seen on Ebay a few sellers offering to ship from America so won't be hard to find one

I bought the eu model myself even though I was also disappointed with the changes. The blade arbor is different to the US version so you will have to buy all your blades from the US if you do import

That's good info didn't know that , are you pleased with the saw ?

Not sure on the negativity towards the 'so called' inferior model... Base has been changed to reduce weight, and slightly cheaper manufacturing no doubt, plus the fact that if you were to have an accident and 'drop' the saw, then it's only a replacement plastic handle rather than a whole new base.... Also, the UK/EU version of the saw boasts a 10" pull-out versus the 8" on the US version....  The handle on the front actually  lifts up slightly and then locks 'positively' into the pre-set indents similar to most other Dewalt saws... 

Didnt realise it had an extra 2" draw good pickup, & certainly makes up for the plastic handles :). Think I'd rather have the full metal base than save a few grams of weight though. Have not had a chance to use both mitre adjust levers, but the US one looks better quality. Seems strange they would manufacture 2 versions. Wonder how many other products have subtle or not so subtle differences? I know the Australian version of the spotlight has a lower powered white led in place of the red led...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 8:24 PM, JimboS1ice said:

I believe there was a thread floating around a while ago, where's knarlycarl when you need him to pull a thread out of the archives lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol just saw this but I can't rack my brain about where this would be.....

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Craigh9916 said:

A question for anyone that has the this tool , have you ever tried running it on a slim pack battery if so does it work and is it still powerful enough ?

It would probably work fine for a few cuts for a job like trimming out a window or door, but I wouldn't try it for flooring or cutting a bunch of 2 X 4 studs.

• Like 1