Pro Tool Reviews 12v Drill Comparison is up !

kornomaniac

As expected the top 3 spots are held by the only companies who seem to take the 10.8/12v tool seriously. Very nicely done by the new Makita. That's a great looking drill and a lineup that's really hauling ass with new tool releases. Bosch is so compact it's crazy. Milwaukee...I like M12 but I'm not crazy about their "more power!" approach to sub-compact. The 2403/2404 are just too damn big. Like the shootout says; they feel like compact 18v drills. 

• Like 1

I find it odd that ergonomics was the deciding factor, you'd think performance would be...personally, I think they should have left out the final rankings because it basically boiled down to a personal preference.

I do agree that Milwaukee needs a compact drill, maybe replacing the 2407. Though it seems Milwaukee would rather sell you on the right angle or the screwdriver, I'm really close to buying a m12 screwdriver so that model is working.

• Like 1

I agree wildroamer. I love my PS32 and my PS31. Fantastic ergonomics and plenty of power for what I use a 12v drill for.

I only wished they would have used the new Fein 12v ASCM 4 speed brushless drill in the comparison. I think it would have done a lot better. The brushed Fein 12v drill they used is an older model for sure.

• Like 1

I was actually surprised at the finish from the DeWALT. For small jobs it is my go to tool. Aside from the cameras, thermal stuff and lasers, the 12V MAX line really hasn't seen much changes or additions and some of the other brands are probably 3 generations ahead as far as technological advances go. I agree with their valuing ergonomics, weight and compactness in the smaller drill lines. You can always go get the bigger tools if you need them.  

25 minutes ago, overanalyze said:

I have been a big fan of the Bosch 12v line for years! Not surprised they did so well. For finish work they are my go to tools.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I believe it! I really like the battery stick packs versus slide on packs because it can make it all that more compact; my reasoning is because I can get the stick packs like my milwaukee or the Bosch into places and eliminates the bulk of where the slide packs go. I really like that I can put my milwaukee 12v drill and impact in my toolbox better

Bmack that's very true, personal preference is a big one

• Like 1

I find it odd that ergonomics was the deciding factor, you'd think performance would be...personally, I think they should have left out the final rankings because it basically boiled down to a personal preference.

I do agree that Milwaukee needs a compact drill, maybe replacing the 2407. Though it seems Milwaukee would rather sell you on the right angle or the screwdriver, I'm really close to buying a m12 screwdriver so that model is working.

You won't regret it fuel or not they are great

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1