Best place to buy Metabo tools in the USA?

KMF

It depends which batteries and how many there are.

Make sure you get the power extreme batteries 3ah or 4ah.

Also that all the tools are LTX as there are lower spec models and some crafty sellers will only have 1 top spec tool in there.

And the last one is just to point out that the drill in that kit is only a drill driver and does not have the hammer function.

I recomend investing in the LTX impact driver though it is brilliant although its 12v max little brother is more than powerful enough for anything up to 3 inch wood screws with no problem.

These are my personal fave tools and the ones I use and have been just fantastic.

The 2nd kit you posted has a discrepancy. It lists the following contents:

SB 18 LTX 18v Combi Driver

KSA 18 LTX 18v Impact Driver

SSD 18v LT Impact Driver

ASE 18v LTX Reciprocating Saw

STA 18v LTX Jigsaw

W 18v LTX Grinder

ULA 18v Lamp

3 x 18v Lithium Ion Batteries 3Ah

30min Charger

Heavy Duty Toolbag

However, the picture clearly shows a circular saw rather than a 2nd driver. Might want to clear that up if your considering ordering.

The 2nd kit you posted has a discrepancy. It lists the following contents:

SB 18 LTX 18v Combi Driver

KSA 18 LTX 18v Impact Driver

SSD 18v LT Impact Driver

ASE 18v LTX Reciprocating Saw

STA 18v LTX Jigsaw

W 18v LTX Grinder

ULA 18v Lamp

3 x 18v Lithium Ion Batteries 3Ah

30min Charger

Heavy Duty Toolbag

However, the picture clearly shows a circular saw rather than a 2nd driver. Might want to clear that up if your considering ordering.

Thanks for the heads up I noticed that as well???

I also assume the picture is right. I can't imagine 2 drivers and no circ saw in a kit that size. I'd like to see more Metabo stuff floating around. Anything but yellow!

Hey now..............I have had nothing but great luck with the yellow tools I have bought.............but always looking for the next best thing. The last Lithium Ion stuff I had that was Red was absolute DOG SH**!

Hey now..............I have had nothing but great luck with the yellow tools I have bought.............but always looking for the next best thing. The last Lithium Ion stuff I had that was Red was absolute DOG SH**!

I'm not knocking Dewalt's quality, I'm just sick of seeing all these yellow tools! For years Dewalt was the only professional brand available with any selection in my area. Milwaukee had a lot of problems with their initial V18 Lithium stuff. The batteries were junk and the replacements they offered under warranty were junk as well. They abandoned the platform after a short time but by that time the damage was done. It turned a lot of people away from Milwaukee and many of those that stayed with them still have a sour taste in their mouth. The M18 era stuff is nice though. When selecting any of the big 4 brands you're not really selecting one over the other for quality purposes. The quality difference among them is minimal at best. Your're selecting one over the other for reasons like selection, availability, features, location of service facilities, and overall personal preference. That being said, there are tools that each manufacturer does a little better than the others. I prefer the 20V Max impact driver over my Milwaukee. It feels better in my hand and the LED arrangement is way more efficient. My Dewalt 4 1/2 grinder is a beast. It's been going for years and I can see getting at least a couple more years out it. My Milwaukee circular saw is a superior machine compared to my dad's Dewalt as is the Sawzall. I have a Milwaukee 1/4 sheet sander that isn't worth it's weight in scrap. My dad's Dewalt is a lot nicer, but the Makita I bought to replace the Milwaukee is better than both. Bosch makes the best SDS hammers and probably jig saws too. When it comes down to it they're all made somewhere other than the United States. If you're really concerned with top quality you're buying Hilti or Festool anyway.

I will agree that no one company makes the best tool in every category. I will also agree the Milwaukee makes the best sawzall out there. I have both Milwaukee and Dewalt sawzalls and no doubt the Milwaukee is better. I do also love my Bosch corded jig saw but when it comes to cordless I have to go Dewalt. I have never tried a Milwaukee circular other than the four cordless ones I have owned. As far a circular saws go I have great luck with Skil. I have a couple 7 1/4 worm drives for the heavy work and then for sheathing and small things I love there 5 1/2 trim saws. As far a SDS hammer drills go I like my Hilti over my Bosch but just my preference. The Hilti cordless tools are just starting to show up in my area and I have also been looking into them.

My Milwaukee 6394 circ saw is awesome. It has a great feel thanks in part to the tilt-lok feature and it cuts like a dream. Hilti makes the best SDS hammers, no question about it. I was referring to Bosch being the best among the big 4.

Does anyone know if any Metabo 18v charger will charge any of18v batteries. The one kit I was looking only come with 2 of the 2.2ah batteries. Could I just buy extra 3ah or 4ah batteries and use the same charger????

Edit......I found the answer and it's no.

http://metabo.p2ionline.com/Flip/sitebase/index.aspx?adgroupid=135531&view=single&pageno=47&webstoryid=15605205&webstoryid2=15605205&FH=635

The kit on CPO Metabo has the 2.2ah batteries too. The blows my mind. They have 4.0ah batteries out and they're still sell kits with batteries that are 2 generations old. Why?

Not sure why they are doing this but it's really frustrating................so the search continues.....................

This is kind of worry-some...........

http://www.amazon.co...#R2RGNCWY898JKM

Plus I was talking to a local tool guy in my area that sells many different brands of tools and he was not to happy with their customer service either. He said that he has tried contacting them quite a few times about becoming a dealer and selling their tools. He said that they " pretty much gave him the middle finger and told him to piss off"

I am finding a lot of other bad experiences when dealing with them at least on the US side.

I called the two closest dealers today and both told me that they will no longer be selling their tools do to a total lack of service after the sale.

To answer the question you originally asked, after some research and input from you, I think the appropriate answer is that there is NO good place to buy Metabo tools in the USA, lol. My buddy wanted a whole new line of cordless tools so he broke down and ordered a 15 piece Makita kit. He gave like $1600 for it and while he just ordered it 2 days ago and hasn't received it yet, it looks pretty nice. Came with 2 chargers, 4 batteries, and 2 big contractor bags. If I had it to do over I'd have probably ordered a big set up front too. I'd be $400 - $500 less into the Milwaukee line and I'd have an additional battery and charger.