Milwaukee Wallzall

khariV

Last spring, a guy on CL was selling a bunch of metal boxes from the Milwaukee 10 1/2" circular saws. At $12 each, I bought up as many as would fit in my van and brought them home thinking I would use them as tool storage. Well, I finally got around to building some shelving in the garage to give them a proper home. Presenting the Milwaukee Wallzall!

9b0048c93e6772b08b541ffa2e8f9e78.jpg

Now if only I could find some magnetic sheets in the right color red, I could cover up the "10 1/2" Circular Saw" label with an actual printed label of what's in each box. That would be an awesome backdrop for a red tool family portrait.

• Like 16

57 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

That looks awesome. I would never think you could find those in that good of condition. 

The guy worked for a company that bought them to use in panel saws, so they just unpacked the saws and never used the boxes that they came in.  These were actually in the original product shipping boxes.  

• Like 1

You could use these and print them the correct color and also print text on them as to what is inside. You can probably find them locally as well. Nice looking storage by the way!

Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Avery-Inkjet-Magnet-Sheets-5-Pack/10353057

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Magnet-Sheets-Inches-03270/dp/B00006HN5Q

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

so whats the innovative feature? could you just remove the white then repaint red?

I am actually leaning towards the  magnetic sticker idea. Sanding it down to remove the white, feathering the edge and then trying to get an exact color match sounds like it would be an awful lot of work that could go horribly wrong at any point. I'm also afraid  that I'll get tired and it'll end up looking like total crap by the time I'm done doing 13 of them. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2016 at 3:36 PM, lunicy said:

Have a store color match the red.

Paint over the 10 1/4 saw section

Have the local vinyl guy cut some custom white vinyl with the tool you want.

could remove all paint then do an electric powder coat. with whatever color you want then as @lunicy said have a vinyl guy cut some custom letters or just paint on the letters.

4 minutes ago, Jronman said:

could remove all paint then do an electric powder coat. with whatever color you want then as @lunicy said have a vinyl guy cut some custom letters or just paint on the letters.

That's a lot of work for what he paid for them....

• Like 1