making the switch to flexvolt

glass

ok I bought into flexvolt so my m18 fuel is up for sale

tripod light barely used, 2 sawzalls, 1 2nd generation impact and hammerdrill in case, 1 1st generation impact and hammerdrill, 1 grinder in case, 1 7 1/4 skil saw. 1 rapid charger, 5 chargers, 5 5.0 batteries, 2 4.0 batteries, 3 2.0 batteries. All in excellent condition used by me not a crew, except the blower which works but is in rough shape. $1500

• Like 4

Wow, wish I could buy your tools man.

Man those FlexVolt tools look pretty darn sweet. I'm thinking of getting some too, not sure if I'm gonna abandon the Milwaukee ship though. The FlexVolt Table Saw, Circular Saw and Miter Saw have really got my attention.

Have fun with your new FlexVolt tools and good luck with selling your Milwaukee stuff

Update:

I handled the flexvolt sawzall, its solid and powerful, but a little too heavy and massive. Looks like I got to keep a little of both systems. The skil saw was solid but no hook and a little heavy. The grinder felt good. So I will sell the drills, impacts, some chargers, the grinder the 2.0 batteries and 4.0 and 2 5's. I think staying in both systems is prudent at this point. I also heard from a makita rep that some time next year Makita will launch a 2x18 volt 10" scms.

• Like 1

The crap Jimbo was talking about yellow some might say he really did go Full Red [emoji14]  All those Asian tools, you know the antagonists in that film loved Simple Ji-uhh.. Jack. 

Ha ha should have went all festool but maybe I could have bought a drill and box for what I sold my dewalt for lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Makes total sense really not lol i think milwaukee is have some quality issues lately

More specifically his reasoning was because it is cheaper to manufacture in China it costs less to have higher quality tools. Something along those lines. In a way it kinda makes sense. There can be exceptions but in general when I think China I don't think quality.

• Like 1

Just now, Jronman said:

More specifically his reasoning was because it is cheaper to manufacture in China it costs less to have higher quality tools. Something along those lines. In a way it kinda makes sense. There can be exceptions but in general when I think China I don't think quality.

Yea does milwaukee make there parts in the us and ship them to be built there or are the just made there 

17 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Far as I know they probably just use "global materials". I'm guessing they assemble in China since they are owned by a Chinese company.

I don't think factory location really has much to do with ownership.  While a Chinese company may be pre-disposed to use Chinese factories, most international companies locate their production facilities in a country for other reasons - mainly cost but also availability of skilled workforce, marketing, tax advantages, etc.  For example, SBD is an American company that only recently started moving some of their assembly back to the US, but still uses factories all over the world, including in China to build most of their products.  Bosch builds in Europe and in China.  Apple builds in China.  It boils down to one thing - if a company can make money and employ local workers, then they might decide to, but making a profit is more important that just about all other factors.

• Like 3

Basically all made in China. Not like Dewalt is any better. Paying one person $15 an hour to assemble parts from the bucket that were all made in China doesn't equal a higher quality drill. It equals happy marketing, and one more person in the first world making a living wage but that's about it. That said, I like my Milwaukee tools and my Dewalt tools. 

It will be a moot point in 10-20 years anyway when all this stuff is automated and the first world will need to adjust to the idea of a guaranteed basic income because there won't be nearly enough jobs to go around, but that's a different can of worms lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...