Warranties and service

RickyMcGrath

Let's talk about your experiences with warranty and service from various manufacturers.

My first and favorite experience is with Milwaukee. I had a multimeter that had the screen go out after 6-9 months, filed the correct paperwork online, mailed it in, postage paid by Milwaukee. Instructions stated to remove all accessories and batteries so you're just mailing in the bare tool. I mailed it in, within 48 hours I had shipping notification that I had a package coming back to me from Milwaukee Tool. Received the package and it was an entirely new multimeter in sealed factory packaging. Another set of leads and fresh batteries. I was very impressed.

I had one dud battery, M12 XC 4.0 just didn't last very long at all, called Milwaukee being in Canada they don't pay shipping like in USA they told me to take it to an authorized service center gave me the address, went down to the place told the guy I was told to bring the bad battery here, he looked at the wall walked over grabbed me a new one and said have a nice day....I was also very impressed......

• Like 1

I had one dud battery, M12 XC 4.0 just didn't last very long at all, called Milwaukee being in Canada they don't pay shipping like in USA they told me to take it to an authorized service center gave me the address, went down to the place told the guy I was told to bring the bad battery here, he looked at the wall walked over grabbed me a new one and said have a nice day....I was also very impressed......

Our local DeWalt service center does the same thing with batteries. They do ask for your phone number to pull your file in the computer so they can keep track, but they don't even test the batteries or anything. I had three 12v batteries go out. They were the smaller 1.3 or 1.5ah and they gave me the new 2.0ah batteries.

The only tool warranty experience I had was with Dewalt. One of my chargers stopped working. So I contacted Dewalt just saying what happened they asked no questions other then what my shipping info was to send me a new one 

• Like 1

My only warranty experience was i had one of my makita drills that i had burnt the motor out in called them told me to bring it to my local authorized repair shop they took it in 2 weeks latter had it back with a new motor place i took it to was really busy i wished sooner butvi have a couple other drills so it was okay :) have a good one