Fuel Miter Saw Squeak?

Marcv76

Does anyone else have a squeak from the spring when lowering the saw head? When I bought it, it was silent, as well as the ones in the store. Now when I lower it theres a loud squeak caused by the sides of the springs rubbing against each other. I sprayed it with dry lubricant and there was no change. The sound itself is not a big deal but it worries me for longevity of the spring. I took it to the service center and they told me that was just the way it was. I told them that my dewalt and bosch miter saws that are much older don't squeak when lowering and they just looked at me and said "well I don't know what to tell you", thats just the way it is. Being new to the Milwaukee line I have to say I'm already not impressed with the service center. I wanted them to at least achknowledge that it doesn't sound right.  

Not surprised, the guys at the "service" center don't know much about the tools themselves, they just usually just ship the tool along to the actual repair center.

That's why I've always just done it myself, skipped the middle man.

Sometimes, you gotta listen to your own reason and dig a little deeper...

Would be interested in a video, for sure

• Like 1

Here a clip of the sound. It just sounds like the spring is tensioned too much, but like I said it wasn't there 2 weeks ago. What do you guys think, is it concerning? There is absolutely no noise on my Dewalt or Bosch miter saw so it seems odd to me. 

Try spraying silicon lube on it, sounds like normal spring noise to me. If it doesn't clear up, try loosening the nut a little bit, see what happens. Worse-case scenario you have to tighten the nut back up and you're back to square one.

• Like 2

Cool, thanks for the advice. I just wanted to make sure that it was normal. I did spray it with teflon dry lube and there was no change. I might try loosening it because its a little stiff anyways. 

Loosen it up and then hit with dry lube before you try a wet lube. The dry lube, even though it has a catalyst, doesn't typically penetrate well in my experience. And you know a wet lube will hold dust like there's no tomorrow which will piss you off all over again.

• Like 4